Toronto U of T: Schwartz Reisman Innovation Centre (Phase 1) | 64.8m | 13s | U of T | Weiss/Manfredi

The doc are up - from the Architectural plans:

Note future TTC connection

AB0632DD-88FC-435C-9E61-365CDB82F13D.png

Elevations and Sections
8A664B63-A397-42A5-8570-480368DE2F97.jpeg

C4AE20AE-7D61-450D-B36A-F8BCA3E5389B.jpeg

543E48EF-5C58-4D8B-84EE-21F97ADD3359.jpeg

(U of T/Weiss/Manfredi)

AoD

Last edited:
Phase 1 and 2 concept plans posted:

100 Devonshire & 112 College St.: Community Consultations

The City is holding a Community Consultation meeting where you can learn more about the 100 Devonshire Place and 112 College Street applications.

Details on the consultation:
Date: Thursday, March 21, 2019
Time: 6 – 8 p.m.
Place: Medical Sciences Building, Room 4171, 1 King’s College Circle

100M donation from Schwartz and Reisman to help make this happen.

This is the kind of philanthropy that we need to see more of from Canada's super rich!

Has UofT announced where the Banting and Best facilities are being relocated to? Their contributions to the standing of UofT being somewhat more significant than people who made money off selling (among other things) overpriced student textbooks.

Has UofT announced where the Banting and Best facilities are being relocated to? Their contributions to the standing of UofT being somewhat more significant than people who made money off selling (among other things) overpriced student textbooks.
I'm fairly sure many of the offices in those two buildings are just going to be absorbed into the new complex. The Banting and Best Buildings themselves will just simply cease to be.

It is kind of sad how money talks over at U of T. There are 3 Jackman buildings now. Two Goldring buildings. Whatever happened to naming buildings after notable alumni who made groundbreaking achievements in their fields.
Kudos to the philanthropists who just donate and choose to remain anonymous.

I'm fairly sure many of the offices in those two buildings are just going to be absorbed into the new complex. The Banting and Best Buildings themselves will just simply cease to be.

It is kind of sad how money talks over at U of T. There are 3 Jackman buildings now. Two Goldring buildings. Whatever happened to naming buildings after notable alumni who made groundbreaking achievements in their fields.
Kudos to the philanthropists who just donate and choose to remain anonymous.

I'd offer than I don't have difficulty w/people wanting some level of public acknowledgement for their good deeds. Though, full credit to those who don't feel such a need.

But I would make a distinction between a photo-op with a big cheque/handshake, or someone's name placed on a subtle plaque in a building lobby vs naming the entire building after them.

In that respect, perhaps it would be better to allow a large donor to put forward names that might be chosen (their own excluded), or to have the University put forward a list of appropriate names and give the donor input into which one is chosen.

Just a thought.

My greater concern is where philanthropy may unduly influence the research or teaching direction of an institution. I'm not suggesting that this is the case here; where the couple in question chose to support a pre-existing U of T project.

Rather, that it certainly can be an area of concern and one which may require further attention in terms of ethical fundraising in the future.

Back