Toronto U of T: Rotman Commerce Building | ?m | 5s | U of T

Member Bio
Reaction score
Did not see anything on the map for this. The Rotman Commerce program, which is the undergrad branch of the Rotman business program at UofT, has basically operated out of the basement of the Woodsworth residence for some time. There's been rumours for years about expanding into their own building, and today I stumbled upon this: https://www.merx.com/uoft/utoronto/...-for-New-Rotman-Commerce-Building/0000192010/.

Rotman Commerce students need a space to build community – to collaborate in their learning and interact with each other, staff, and faculty in ways that will strengthen their connection to the program and the University more broadly. The new space should respond to the technological requirements of today’s dynamic learning environments, but be flexible enough to accommodate the possibility of new methodologies.
The site is located immediately south of the Goldring Centre of High Performance Sport and north of Trinity College St. Hilda’s Residence. The site is currently being used as a parking lot.
The Project will be five storeys above grade. It will have three basement levels and will incorporate a rooftop mechanical penthouse that will be set well back from Devonshire Place.

I think this is 90 Devonshire Place, not sure where to put the address.

90 Devonshire Place sounds about right, as that's what Parkopedia labels the address as. That's going to be quite a busy pocket of activity in the campus with the Woodsworth College expansion roughly behind it, along with the Academic Wood Tower to be built north of the Goldring Centre.

Here's a view of the existing parking lot:

devon.JPG

...at one point back in my memory, those used to be tennis courts.

This is either an image from 2009 Streetview or an extraction from your memories......either way:

1708107459015.png

Ya know, this reminds me, St. Mike's at U of T used to have tennis courts, on Bay St. Those were sold off for Pemberton's 'U' condos. These ones left for parking and now a new U of T building.

I'm trying to think do they have any tennis courts left on campus?

Last edited:
I figured that this was the case! Lol I’m going to name my next child Svendler!

3XN was founded in Aarhus, Denmark in 1986 by young architects Kim Herforth Nielsen, Lars Frank Nielsen and Hans Peter Svendler Nielsen: the 'Three Nielsens' (wiki)

I think that it is time they open a Toronto office!

Wow, Devonshire Place will be completely filled out in the next few years. Between what Trinity College is building on the parking lot, the Academic Wood Tower, and this new Rotman project, plus what's opened over the last decade at Goldring and Munk School, this street really is maxed out now.

Back