Toronto U of T: Landscape of Landmark Quality | ?m | 1s | U of T | MVVA

This project is such a game changer for the campus and the city at large. But it makes the narrow sidewalks and street parking on Hoskins seem more antiquated.

It’ll be interesting to see how this street transforms when/if the University Park design is ever implemented. Is the eastern portion of Hoskins even necessary?

How nice would it be if Philosophers Walk seamlessly connected to Queen’s Park?
IMG_7239.jpeg

Last edited:
This project is such a game changer for the campus and the city at large. But it makes the narrow sidewalks and street parking on Hoskins seem more antiquated.

It’ll be interesting to see how this street transforms when/if the University Park design is ever implemented. Is the eastern portion of Hoskins even necessary?

How nice would it be if Philosophers Walk seamlessly connected to Queen’s Park?View attachment 539821
That’d be great. I’d also love to see new green corridors created and connected to queens park.

Hoskins is getting an overhaul this year............

All I can say about University Park is ............stay tuned.

Hoskins is getting an overhaul this year............

All I can say about University Park is ............stay tuned.

University park is one of those projects that will push the city closer to the "world class" status it labels itself. The assembly grounds are in dire need of revitalization so I would think the province is interested as well. Hopefully get rid of that surface parking too!

Plus, less people likely to get ran over if they going with render posted at the top.

How many levels of parking does this underground lot provide? And how many cars total can it hold?

A potentially silly question - did the new grass on the President's Circle die or is it just seasonal? Grass in Queen's Park does not look so yellow.

I wandered over here, yesterday, February 22nd, 2024:

Bit of work left to do to 'bury' the entrance to the parking:

DSC03156.jpg

DSC03157.jpg

Plaza in front of Temerty Medicine is mostly complete, just needs some work on the pedestrian parking building, and some landscaping + deficiency correction.

DSC03159.jpg

Speaking of landscaping..........how jarring to see flowers in bloom at U of T, in February:

DSC03160.jpg

The above is a variety of Hellebore; a plant species native to Eurasia. They are remarkably cold tolerant, and the blooms can even survive sub-zero for a bit; they bloom late winter to early spring.

Below, we see some landscape has been trampled, and will have to be re-done. Smart move here would to put ornate little fences or otherwise preclude future trampling.

DSC03162.jpg

Soffits going in on Parking entrance pavilion:

DSC03163.jpg

DSC03164.jpg

Some unfinished landscape work in front of Temerty:

DSC03168.jpg

And on the King's College Road side:

DSC03169.jpg

Finally, Convocation Plaza:

DSC03170.jpg

Attachments

• DSC03161.jpg