Vaughan TYSSE: Highway 407 Station | ?m | ?s | TTC | AECOM

One of by due list of things for next year is to return to the stations to re-shoot them since there will be very little or no one around to get in the way of my shots after doing opening day shots. Haven't decided when I will do some nighttime shot, since they will be at different time than the day shots, but weather will play a big part. A nice snow storm would be a good time as well.

The colour glazing adds a nice touch and it goes in hand with Finch with its light refection on the material from the colour windows there.

Going to be a very dead station for a decade or 2, depending on the demand for the parking lot. Then Pioneer has more parking there than here.

I drove down to this station yesterday (I live up north), as we had a day planned in the city. We took the subway from the 407 station and rode it downtown. The station was very clean and DEAD. Parking was a challenge, but we ended up finding one. I figured the lot could have been bigger as they certainly have the space. The parking was free though which was awesome.

Station was modern, futuristic both inside and out. We attempted to park at Vaughan but that didn't work as the main parking lot was jammed. Im not sure if there's others? I didn't have the patience to drive around so we just went south on Jane until we hit the 407 station, they are only about 3-4 minutes apart.

I drove down to this station yesterday (I live up north), as we had a day planned in the city. We took the subway from the 407 station and rode it downtown. The station was very clean and DEAD. Parking was a challenge, but we ended up finding one. I figured the lot could have been bigger as they certainly have the space. The parking was free though which was awesome.

Station was modern, futuristic both inside and out. We attempted to park at Vaughan but that didn't work as the main parking lot was jammed. Im not sure if there's others? I didn't have the patience to drive around so we just went south on Jane until we hit the 407 station, they are only about 3-4 minutes apart.
Steeles West has a 1,500 spot lot, by far the largest. The entrance is off of Jane, just south of 407 station, too. It's just on the other side of the rail corridor.

I hope they start charging for parking; it doesn't make sense for that to be subsidized.

It should probably be priced the same, or slightly more, than two bus rides.

I hope they start charging for parking; it doesn't make sense for that to be subsidized.

It should probably be priced the same, or slightly more, than two bus rides.

End free parking. Don't have it be subsidized by the goods and services paid by people who don't use the parking.

No washroom at this station either. How does this kind of thing get through an accessibility committee review? Crohn's and Colitis Canada has been making some headlines about the lack of oversight at all the new stations (safe the Vaughan one).

No washroom at this station either. How does this kind of thing get through an accessibility committee review? Crohn's and Colitis Canada has been making some headlines about the lack of oversight at all the new stations (safe the Vaughan one).
At least Sheppard West and Wilson have washrooms.

Wilson would be among the least used publicly accessible washrooms in the TTC, along with Warden.

At least Sheppard West and Wilson have washrooms.

Wilson would be among the least used publicly accessible washrooms in the TTC, along with Warden.
Yes, there are washrooms at Highway 407 station, on the bus terminal level. The news reports today about that were wrong. I sent a note to Ben Spurr about this at The Star (I think his story was the one that got this flap going), reminded him about these washrooms, and his response was "yes, but they are outside the fare paid area". Well, the ones at Vaughan Metro Centre are outside the fare pad area too, but he had no response to that.

You do have to go as far south as Sheppard West if you need the facilities and want to stay within the fare paid area.

Yes, there are washrooms at Highway 407 station, on the bus terminal level. The news reports today about that were wrong. I sent a note to Ben Spurr about this at The Star (I think his story was the one that got this flap going), reminded him about these washrooms, and his response was "yes, but they are outside the fare paid area". Well, the ones at Vaughan Metro Centre are outside the fare pad area too, but he had no response to that.

You do have to go as far south as Sheppard West if you need the facilities and want to stay within the fare paid area.

With a 2-hour timed transfer and a PRESTO card, are you not in the fare paid area for 2 hours? Could you not exit and re-enter at no charge within 2 hours?

Last edited:
With 2-hour transfers in the new year, yes @TransitBart, that should work great. Before that comes into effect, I'm not sure how flexible PRESTO is about re-entering a station that you presumably just left. I hope it works like that already.

Back