Toronto Tyndale Green | 80.29m | 24s | Collecdev-Markee | KPMB

I was just driving on Bayview and they've got those signs lining the street from Steeles to Cummer. Indeed, I'm pretty sure most of them are illegally in the public boulevard.

Gee, it sure would be a shame if someone called Toronto bylaw and the signs got removed and the ratepayers group got fined. Just a real shame.

I was just driving on Bayview and they've got those signs lining the street from Steeles to Cummer. Indeed, I'm pretty sure most of them are illegally in the public boulevard.

Gee, it sure would be a shame if someone called Toronto bylaw and the signs got removed and the ratepayers group got fined. Just a real shame.
I’ve already flagged for Carrol’s office, that’s how I got the last batch of signs taken down. Their approach has been to work with the “Neighbourhood Association” to take them down voluntarily before bylaw gets involved.

A bunch have already been taken down by other residents too.

I’ve already flagged for Carrol’s office, that’s how I got the last batch of signs taken down. Their approach has been to work with the “Neighbourhood Association” to take them down voluntarily before bylaw gets involved.

A bunch have already been taken down by other residents too.

Ha. Well done. As long as someone is explaining to them that if they want to assume the role of Community Leaders, they might want to follow the city's governing laws and rules.

If someone local can get some "NIMBY Sign in the Lawn of a McMansion next to a Mercedes SUV" kind of photos of these signs above in-their-natural-habitat it would be much appreciated. Thx!
I stopped to take this one, you can see they back onto the apartments on the south East corner of Bayview and steeles. So they know how terrible these new apartments will really be! So bad they moved right next to some!
62FD130C-4CFA-4D56-884B-CFBC08D380EC.jpeg

I stopped to take this one, you can see they back onto the apartments on the south East corner of Bayview and steeles. So they know how terrible these new apartments will really be! So bad they moved right next to some!View attachment 359092
What a classic beauty that bunker is. I know, petty of me. 🤷‍♂️

Putting aside more general sentiments as to its architectural merits................I just don't get that ....ummm.....roof/roofline....

It looks like someone who pulls their hat/cap/toque so low that you not only miss their forehead, even the eyebrows are covered....

Oh I legit adore the style of houses in the neighbourhood/area. If anything derserves signs going up protesting it’s the McMansions going up. I’ll try and get some pics of those too as I know if at least 1-2 that have signs up about this and/or the finch tridel development
. https://urbantoronto.ca/database/projects/630-finch-avenue-east

It’s wild now neighbourhood specific it is too. No signs up here opposing the modular housing on Cummer, but right on the other side of Bayview there are SO many signs. Many more McMansions too.

0AE38D53-3062-4623-BE2C-CDE50C6128C6.jpeg

I’m actually seeing houses that used to have the high density signs up no longer have them up. I wonder why that is. There are at least 4 houses that no longer have them on their lawn. Maybe the group didn’t get actual permission?

Maybe the group didn’t get actual permission?
I bet they didn't but save this picture cuz it's amazing. Looks like a 5,000 sq ft infill project with 3 cars (only one Merecdes, though!) in the driveway.
Really says it all.
I almost feel sorry for these folks. Not only do they have to deal with an Inappropriate Development nearby, they also only had enough $ to do the stone facade and didn't have enough left in the savings account to carry it around the sides and back. A crying shame and surely a negative impact on the Character of the Neighbourhood.

View attachment 359166
I’m actually seeing houses that used to have the high density signs up no longer have them up. I wonder why that is. There are at least 4 houses that no longer have them on their lawn. Maybe the group didn’t get actual permission?
Is that a protest sign for a different project..? Because TRIDEL has nothing to do with Tyndale Green site... right..?

View attachment 359166
Where did these Princes of the Universe find that sign anyway? (I sure hope Tridel is listening though and cancels their plan for Tyndale Green!)

Back