Toronto Toronto House | 186.53m | 58s | Westbank | Hariri Pontarini

Those Citibank trees are gorgeous

They are healthy; but regrettably, non-native, invasive Norway Maple. No pretty fall colours there.

This is a streetview of them from 2011, in October, bit smaller.

1694436560290.png

For the record, as there is no natural space close by, these are not trees I would advocate for removing until they become unhealthy. They probably have another 15-25 years left in them.

That's a tough corner for vegetation, so seeing those trees as large as they are speaks both to good planting conditions and toughness of Norway Maple.

I thought that with the opening of the commercial section the retail and residential would follow soon after but apparently not. I will say that this building is very prominent on the skyline and should be a nice addition when lit up at night.

Nothing worse for a city‘s skyline than having a new building look like it’s been there for 20 yrs. And not in a good way. Same old colour scheme. Generic & dull. Nothing special. Does not enhance or compliment heritage building. So disappointing, especially from Hariri Pontarini who usually do good work.

You're literally probably the only person on this site that feels this way, You might want to go back pages on this thread and read the hundreds on members totally impressed by this building.

Nothing worse for a city‘s skyline than having a new building look like it’s been there for 20 yrs. And not in a good way. Same old colour scheme. Generic & dull. Nothing special. Does not enhance or compliment heritage building. So disappointing, especially from Hariri Pontarini who usually do good work.
Oh boy.

Now i'm curious to see what your opinion is of the actual trash builds that are littered all over the "Entertainment" District.

I thought that with the opening of the commercial section the retail and residential would follow soon after but apparently not. I will say that this building is very prominent on the skyline and should be a nice addition when lit up at night.
Oh, is rectangular blue-grey in Toronto considered prominent now? It’s so average for a new build.

Oh, is rectangular blue-grey in Toronto considered prominent now? It’s so average for a new build.
I think the blue is likely due to the reflection from the sky...an overcast day will likely fix that.

As for the grey, there is certainly an unhealthy obsession of this colour (or lack there-of) among developers in this city...but this project is one of least offensive in the use of it, IMO. And for what that's worth.

Back