Time and Space Condos | 102m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

3Dementia

Member Bio
Reaction score
Gee I missed this one... what a massive collection of (different) massing. I see the Time required, but don't see any Space.

Reactions: DSC

loudpacckk

Member Bio
Reaction score
I would say by the looks of this at this very moment the project will be completed for early 2021 maybe May-June

AHK

Member Bio
Reaction score
why would you say 3-4 years ? Most of the ground digging looks about complete ...
Initial appearances from evandyk's photo above may be a bit deceiving - much of what appears to be the excavated area in the southern portion of the site is actually still at street level - it is the hoarding that makes it appear to be below grade. So a lot more excavation still to be done.

By comparison, the somewhat similar Minto Westside project, which was at a further stage of excavation over three years ago, is just now being occupied, and will not be fully turned over to the new owners well into next year. The Minto site peaks out at 20 floors in its south-west corner only, with much of the building less than that. The Time and Space Condos building is 29 floors in height along Front Street. Minto is just under 1,200 units, while this one is just under 1,600 units - 30% larger. And construction timeframes have stretched out since the Minto project was started - availability of trades has tightened up substantially over the past three years. Nothing being built now is moving as quickly as had been hoped. Except maybe CIBC Square - which looks to be paying a king's ransom in overtime costs.

A lot also depends on the configuration and placement of the building's core systems as well - the elevators, the central electrical, mechanical and life safety systems. So building height and number of units would not be the only factors to be considered in comparing Time and Space to Minto Westside. Configuration differences in these areas may make Time and Space a slightly easier to build - or maybe not. Anyway, until at least the first phase of these components (if they are being done in a mutli-phase approach) are complete and certified by the City inspectors, and the initial occupancy permits are issued, no one moves in.

So - Automation Gallery and insider87 are being much more realistic, even if the low side of 3 years in the 3-4 more years estimate is, in my thought, still on the optimistic side - my suggestion would be first occupancy will not take place until well into 2023, approximately four years from now.

Last edited:

loudpacckk

Member Bio
Reaction score
Initial appearances from evandyk's photo above may be a bit deceiving - much of what appears to be the excavated area in the southern portion of the site is actually still at street level - it is the hoarding that makes it appear to be below grade. So a lot more excavation still to be done.

By comparison, the somewhat similar Minto Westside project, which was at a further stage of excavation over three years ago, is just now being occupied, and will not be fully turned over to the new owners well into next year. The Minto site peaks out at 20 floors in its south-west corner only, with much of the building less than that. The Time and Space Condos building is 29 floors in height along Front Street. Minto is just under 1,200 units, while this one is just under 1,600 units - 30% larger. And construction timeframes have stretched out since the Minto project was started - availability of trades has tightened up substantially over the past three years. Nothing being built now is moving as quickly as had been hoped. Except maybe CIBC Square - which looks to be paying a king's ransom in overtime costs.

A lot also depends on the configuration and placement of the building's core systems as well - the elevators, the central electrical, mechanical and life safety systems. So building height and number of units would not be the only factors to be considered in comparing Time and Space to Minto Westside. Configuration differences in these areas may make Time and Space a slightly easier to build - or maybe not. Anyway, until at least the first phase of these components (if they are being done in a mutli-phase approach) are complete and certified by the City inspectors, and the initial occupancy permits are issued, no one moves in.

So - Automation Gallery and insider87 are being much more realistic, even if the low side of 3 years in the 3-4 more years estimate is, in my thought, still on the optimistic side - my suggestion would be first occupancy will not take place until well into 2023, approximately four years from now.
If you look at the most recent pics it does show that the excavation is well below ground level, also after speaking to a few developers they advised me that once the initial excavation is complete the towers will move along much after. He did say there may be very little down throughout the winter months however 1 1/2 year does seem realistic.

Last edited:

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
This only has 1 level of underground I believe which will make things a bit faster - but it’s still a massive building, it’s going to take time to build. Personally I’m just excited for excavation to finish since this area always stinks of gas with them excavating the soil right now.