Toronto Thunder Woman Healing Lodge | 24.26m | 6s | Assembly Corp | McCallum Sather

Looked like shoring has begun (sorry, no pics). Two permits issued so far.

Application:
Conditional Permit
Permit Issued
TORONTO ON M1N 1T7
Ward 20: Scarborough Southwest
Application#:
23 189715 FND 00 CP
Issued Date:
Sep 15, 2023
Project:
Mixed Use/Res w Non Res
Work:
Partial Permit - Foundation
Description:
Conditional Permit - Part Permit - Proposed construction of a mass timber, lightwood frame, and steel 6-storey transitional housing project for Indigenous women with associated support spaces.

Application:
Drain and Site Service
Permit Issued
TORONTO ON M1N 1T7
Ward 20: Scarborough Southwest
Application#:
23 189715 DRN 00 DR
Issued Date:
Sep 18, 2023
Project:
Mixed Use/Res w Non Res
Work:
Building Permit Related (DR)
Description:
Drain - Proposed construction of a mass timber, lightwood frame, and steel 6-storey transitional housing project for Indigenous women with associated support spaces.

February 13, 2024

IMG_9866.jpeg

IMG_9864.jpeg

Hello, I don't know much about building development but it looks like they were starting to build the foundation and now they are taking it away. Is this just something that is part of the building process or is something else happening?

And, while I am here, does anyone know the story with the old cars in the parking lot of the old coffee shop (now Kingside presentation centre)?

Thanks
PXL_20240612_115230168.jpg

Hello, I don't know much about building development but it looks like they were starting to build the foundation and now they are taking it away. Is this just something that is part of the building process or is something else happening?

And, while I am here, does anyone know the story with the old cars in the parking lot of the old coffee shop (now Kingside presentation centre)?

Thanks
View attachment 571644
From what I heard they poured their foundation wrong, fired their Construction Manager, and re-started. Not exactly the typical process.

It seems to be a gimmick for a presentation centre related to this:

From what I heard they poured their foundation wrong, fired their Construction Manager, and re-started. Not exactly the typical process.
...and oof! /sigh

Back