Toronto Theatre Park | 156.96m | 47s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

It's a district energy plant though. It has to be somewhat near the district it's heating. Apparently the Pearl St plant only operates on colder days, and underwent a major upgrade a few years ago to reduce pollution (they burn natural gas to produce steam). They also eliminated the condensation from the plume, so it's not visible anymore.

OT - Conceivably the site can be redeveloped along the lines of the Regent Park District Energy plant - where the smokestack is incorporated within the building.

AoD

OT - Conceivably the site can be redeveloped along the lines of the Regent Park District Energy plant - where the smokestack is incorporated within the building.

AoD

The real problem with this building is that it needs to be tidied up outside. The cladding is not in good shape and the whole place looks shabby.

An unmitigated aesthetic disaster without rhyme or reason when you consider the high quality cladding on the rest of the building. The differences from original render for the mechanical would have been forgiven if only the cladding had been consistent throughout.

Missed it by that much.
agreed. (even though I still thought the bands sticking off of the mechanical was what tied the whole look together, and made it more sculptural then just another building)

Today

theatre%20park%202014-06-26.jpg

theatre%20park%202014-06-26b.jpg

theatre%20park%202014-06-26c.jpg

The critical David Pecaut Square facade looks generic at the moment; however, the balcony railings with white stripes of varying width will give it some detail. It'll probably be decent from this perspective as well.

Have to say that I love the skinny profile. Long Tall Sally! However, the resolution of the King facade is all-important; I am waiting with anticipation to see the forecourt and how it interacts with the street as well as the adjacent buildings.

Last edited:

Back