Toronto Theatre Park | 156.96m | 47s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2344.jpg
    IMG_2344.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2,011
Last edited by a moderator:
Great set of images tonight agora, thank you!

Just got into town last week after almost 3 years of being away so I can't help but share all the exploration that I am itching to do!

P.S. Question: some of my images are being rejected as invalid though they were all taken by my iPhone (Hence my sometimes posting multiple images singly in order to discover the offending image). Any explanation?

Possibly very detailed shots were rejected because they were too large? Upper limit (I believe) is 3 MB. The system does automatic downscaling before posting them. Maybe they can be sent smaller in the first place? They get posted at 960 pixels wide.

I believe that was stated somewhere here already a few pages back. They've already added the white bands, though they've placed them straight on the mechanical, whereas the renderings depicted the bands protruding from the mechanical and lining up with the rest of the tower face. Maybe they'll change it, but I don't know why they'd add the bands then remove them.

And the mechanical penthouse banding is already on all 4 sides - so it seems unlikely they'd remove the banding.

As an out-of towner who got his degree in TO, I kinda have a foot in both worlds... Here's my major complaint regarding these cheap looking, awkward mechanical areas; A very high percentage of non-Torontonians will not experience a specific block of DT TO on foot, but rather from the the first observatory of the CN tower... This might sound a bit trite and cliched, but it is the truth... Aura, L Tower and the Ice project all shine from this vantage point, others like Theatre Park, do not... This cheapening is a major let-down with regards to the project, especially given the renders and the developer involved... Those who expected more have every right to feel like the wool was pulled over their eyes... I hope the developer (and City Council) get with the program...

Last edited:
All my friends who don't know much about skyscrapers (AKA the average person) love this building. They also love how cool Aura is with the lights on, etc. I think the people who know too much information, like us, can find it's flaws. I think the only complaint I heard was that Toronto was too "blue".

All my friends who don't know much about skyscrapers (AKA the average person) love this building. They also love how cool Aura is with the lights on, etc. I think the people who know too much information, like us, can find it's flaws. I think the only complaint I heard was that Toronto was too "blue".

Which is quite funny because for years this forum was railing against condos that used 'cheap green glass' and wishing they'd incorporate the more expensive 'blue glass'.

I think the only complaint I heard was that Toronto was too "blue".

Which is quite funny because for years this forum was railing against condos that used 'cheap green glass' and wishing they'd incorporate the more expensive 'blue glass'.

And then of course before the condo craze the city was too grey and dreary.

So what will the next big complaint about downtown Toronto cladding, five years from now, be? Maybe "each building clashes with its neighbour, they should be more uniform"?

And then of course before the condo craze the city was too grey and dreary.

The city is still too grey and dreary. (even more so, after the condo boom, where every second new tower is covered with grey spandrel and grey painted metal trim) You can't get any greyer than the Pan-Am Village. It makes 50 shades of grey sound like an understatement!

Last edited:
So what will the next big complaint about downtown Toronto cladding, five years from now, be? Maybe "each building clashes with its neighbour, they should be more uniform"?

now there should be some golden and silver towers in Toronto. Toronto will look like a jewellery shop ;)

I say bull****: the city is not grey and dreary; rather, the majority is red brick and filled with trees. Step out of the Yonge-Jarvis-Bloor-Queen ghetto and see what I see!

Theatre Park may be but another glass box; but you know what? It's Canada's best-looking glass box!

Sure, the nabe may look like a dreary glass-highrise ghetto from here:
vdRW9EM.jpg

And the park across the street needs a radical NimbyTect makeover.

Back