Toronto Theatre Park | 156.96m | 47s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

I'm really looking forward to seeing this one on the skyline.

Out of curiosity, I checked the floorplate size for this (5200 sq ft it seems) and while skinny, it is not quite One Madison Park skinny (2700 sq ft and 3300 sq ft).

DSCN1606_zpsa94dcff7.jpg

DSCN1602_zps60549737.jpg

I was just about to ask how long until we saw cladding, and look at that, there is some sitting on a couple of the floors waiting to be installed.. Curtainwall too!

Sept 19th

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 593
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 606
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 595
The podium's setback is an excellent idea mainly for keeping the low-rise Roy Alex prominent in the streetscape, especially when seen from Pecaut Sq. To think, city planners were against the setback.

I think I have mentioned 10 times how much I love Theatre Park. It doesn`t take away from the Royal Alex in the slightest...in fact it adds so much to the streetscape here being set back and with the cool landscaping and restaurant planned out front. Not sure how this will all change if the buildings to the west are 80 stories tall...but so far so good :D

Why, surely not safety. Are you implying sound issues?

A couple of inches of concrete isn't going to make a whole lot of difference, what really matters is that the floors are properly prepared before hardwood or laminate is laid down.

I think I have mentioned 10 times how much I love Theatre Park. It doesn`t take away from the Royal Alex in the slightest...in fact it adds so much to the streetscape here being set back and with the cool landscaping and restaurant planned out front. Not sure how this will all change if the buildings to the west are 80 stories tall...but so far so good :D

I'm on the fence about the building being set back, your point about it not taking away from the prominence of the Royal Alex is certainly valid. Time will tell.

Back