Grimsby The Woolverton | 28.6m | 7s | Castlepoint Numa | SvN

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

The proposed seven storey residential building, with commercial uses at grade, will provide a new iconic building within walking distance to Grimsby’s downtown amenities, outstanding views to Lake Ontario and the Niagara Escarpment. It will also improve the public realm along Mountain and Elm Streets. The proposed development will assist in fulfilling the Town of Grimsby’s vision for an intensification of the downtown and creation of a walkable, pleasant pedestrian public realm. The historic buildings on site – the Woolverton house and the former church building – will be adaptively reused for commercial purposes and will frame the new privately-owned public open space courtyard.

woolv.jpg
woolv2.jpg
woolv3.jpg
woolv4.jpg
woolv5.jpg

View attachment 337539View attachment 337540View attachment 337541View attachment 337542View attachment 337543

That's a very well massed proposal; which appears to do a very decent job with heritage retention and restoration. Respectful setbacks of new from old. A nice bit of infill.

I don't know if I'm 100% sold on the cladding.......but I'm willing to be convinced.

good for them if they do that at Grimsby condo prices while also integrating historic facades and some pretty extensive underground parking to meet the parking requirements, all on a relatively small building.. but jeez, it's gotta be tight.

Back