Toronto The Winston Collection | 10.69m | 3s | Insoho | RAW Design

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Townhome project being planned for Churchill Ave, a few blocks west of Yonge Street in the NYCC area.

68 CHURCHILL AVE
Ward 18: Willowdale

Application Number: 21 235582 NNY 18 OZ
Application Type: Rezoning
Date Submitted: 08/11/2021
Description: Zoning By-law Amendment for 44 new townhouse units having a total residential gross floor area of 8158 square metres.

churchil.JPG
churchil2.JPG
churchil3.JPG

From Development Applications - insoho Developments

Here, 6 properties (mainly post-war bungalows) forming 300ft X 300ft lot assembly,... 300ft deep property lots! Most property lots in Willowdale are 110ft and 130ft deep,.... but here in this neighbourhood they're 300ft deep - perfect for townhouses projects! 6 house lots to become 44 townhouses. 44 family townhouses in family oriented neighbourhood.

City will refuse this development application - mainly because it's not for single residential houses,.... developer will appeal to OMB/OLT - and win approval for townhouses there! Why? There's already townhouses across the street,... resulting from previous OMB approvals!!!

This one didn't make it to Preliminary Report in the last 2 years.

But.....there is fresh lobbying on it now.

Possible change of builder, as the name given does not match the thread title by @AlbertC

Churchill Beecroft Developments I Inc.

As images of the existing site weren't posted in the thread originally, I will do so now:

Aerial: (here you can see the townhomes to the south noted by @sunnyraytoronto )

1675177485936.png

Streetview:

1675177545596.png

Not many times I get to correct @Northern Light ,... so I should buy a lottery ticket today!!!

March 9, 2022: "68, 70, 72, 74, 76 and 78 Churchill Ave - Zoning By-law Amendment Application – Preliminary Report"

From November 2021 Application: "Churchill Beecroft Developments I Inc." and "Insoho Development" seems to be one of the same,...
68ChurchillAve_ApplicationRed.png

So why is @Northern Light detecting "fresh lobbying on it now"? Probably only because this local ward 18 Willowdale recently elected a new Councillor,... and not so much there's a large change of scope,... but Developers gotta shoot their shot,..

Not many times I get to correct @Northern Light ,... so I should buy a lottery ticket today!!!

March 9, 2022: "68, 70, 72, 74, 76 and 78 Churchill Ave - Zoning By-law Amendment Application – Preliminary Report"

From November 2021 Application: "Churchill Beecroft Developments I Inc." and "Insoho Development" seems to be one of the same,...

So why is @Northern Light detecting "fresh lobbying on it now"? Probably only because this local ward 18 Willowdale recently elected a new Councillor,... and not so much there's a large change of scope,... but Developers gotta shoot their shot,..

🤣

That information wasn't referenced in the lobbyist registry entry. I didn't go back and check the original app.

OMB/TLAB saying townhouses are fine here,... but 44 is too much so likely chopped down to around 40 or so - based on the other townhouse project of similar lot size to the southeast with about 36 townhouses but include a regular house lot that refused to sell.

The total unit count changed from 44 units to 49 units. The height changed from 9.00m, 9.00m, 9.00mm, 9.00mm & 9.00m to 10.69m, 9.60m, 9.54m, 8.91m, 8.91m, 8.91m. The total parking space was reduced from 95 parking to 84 parking.

New rendering was taken from the architectural plan via SPA.

PLN - Architectural Plans - Architecturals and Site Plan (Aug 2023)_68Churchill-9.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - Architecturals and Site Plan (Aug 2023)_68Churchill-8.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - Architecturals and Site Plan (Aug 2023)_68Churchill-7.jpg

Ah yes it wouldn't be Toronto / RAW design if we didn't add some metal panel & spandrel clad bump outs & unnecessary material changes

lets add some weird balconies too while we're at it

Back