Toronto The Winslow | 34.95m | 9s | Devron Developments | Rafael + Bigauskas

The choice of metal balconies is beautiful. Im hoping the bay windows are all metal without any glossy plastic/window wall mullions.

IMG_20221002_153033.jpg

IMG_20221002_153244.jpg

IMG_20221002_153334.jpg

IMG_20221002_153400.jpg

IMG_20221002_153426.jpg

IMG_20221002_153435.jpg

I hope there is some intent to correct for uneven shading of the precast; that's rather atrocious.

The seams are also driving me nuts.

I hope there is some intent to correct for uneven shading of the precast; that's rather atrocious.

The seams are also driving me nuts.
Seams drive me nuts in pretty much every development that uses precast, especially the brick-style panels. I wish more developers would integrate the seams into the design like they did at Theatre Park District Residences. Makes such a big difference.

Last edited:
Seams drive me nuts in pretty much every development that uses precast, especially the brick-style panels. I wish more developers would integrate the seams into the design like they did at Theatre Park Residences. Makes such a big difference.
Theatre District. ;)

Just a couple, taken April 6th, 2023: (note that the precast is still several different shades of something, but it appears a bit darker than before, I think, more green'ish):

DSC01200.jpg

DSC01201.jpg

Edit to add, LOL, what did I do the sky? I've got new photo-editing software, so I'm still playing w/the sizing of pics, these are the pair I made smallest, though there still over 700k, I did nothing to them except drop the resolution, LOL.

Just a couple, taken April 6th, 2023: (note that the precast is still several different shades of something, but it appears a bit darker than before, I think, more green'ish):

View attachment 467065

View attachment 467064

Edit to add, LOL, what did I do the sky? I've got new photo-editing software, so I'm still playing w/the sizing of pics, these are the pair I made smallest, though there still over 700k, I did nothing to them except drop the resolution, LOL.
As jpgs, you don't really need to worry too much about the file-size, compared to pngs they will always be smaller. When we are working with renderings, for example, we aim for a compression value of only 25%, which keeps areas from banding like in your sky there, which is your compression software seeking to reduce the colour information so as to reduce the file size. You can loosen up on the percentage of compression somewhat!!

As jpgs, you don't really need to worry too much about the file-size, compared to pngs they will always be smaller. When we are working with renderings, for example, we aim for a compression value of only 25%, which keeps areas from banding like in your sky there, which is your compression software seeking to reduce the colour information so as to reduce the file size. You can loosen up on the percentage of compression somewhat!!

The old software just gave me 4 sizing choices (thumbnail, email, medium and large).

The new software has a full percentage scale reduction with no fixed points. I've been playing with it, and aiming for 10% to 25%, but the photo sizes vary so widely, some are only 4mb, some over 9mb in their raw form, I'm just trying to find if there's a consistent sweet spot.

So the range lately has been low of 550k to just over 1mb per image.

Back