Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Things keep moving along. This morning, the first concrete pump arrived on site. The pumping unit is being set up on Front Street, while pieces of the mast are being unloaded by the Amherst delivery truck down in the pit, by the base of the tower crane.

well-pump.jpg

well - pump mast pieces.jpg

Attachments

• well-pump.jpg
    well-pump.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 584
  • well - pump mast pieces.jpg
    well - pump mast pieces.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 555
Any idea what those rebar rafts are going to be for?

I guess this troll will answer your question, Contra.

They are for footings. The shale is dense here so they are not very large footings considering the size of the building. Here's P5 showing their locations.

upload_2018-5-3_8-58-6.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-3_8-58-6.png
    upload_2018-5-3_8-58-6.png
    287.2 KB · Views: 737
Any idea what those rebar rafts are going to be for?

Site photos from yesterday May 2, 2018, showing some of the holes in which the rebar cages for the raft footings will be going. In the first photo you can see the footprint of a sunken mechanical room in the middle, and strip footings well underway around the edges of the site. The walls are a pretty good layer cake now with detail-excavated caisson wall or piles with shotcrete (grey), then spray foam (yellow), then mirror drain (black), then bentonite waterproofing sheets (tan).

IMG_1651.JPG

In the second photo here you can see two holes where the rebar cages will be or have been placed, just past (east of) the concrete pump.

IMG_1653.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1653.JPG
    IMG_1653.JPG
    358.2 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_1651.JPG
    IMG_1651.JPG
    312.9 KB · Views: 557
Sump pit - I believe there's a mechanical/chiller room in that location.

They are for footings. The shale is dense here so they are not very large footings considering the size of the building. Here's P5 showing their locations.

View attachment 142211

Ah that makes sense. You're right I think it was the size of them that was confusing - thanks for the thorough answer! Will be great to see them build these base layers.

Back