Toronto FourFifty The Well | 157.4m | 46s | RioCan Living | a—A

aA is handling the condos here and I imagine they likely tender them out while the mall/rest of the project below is already under construction. If the timing works out, they can fairly seamlessly tie their construction into the broader project below. The units will probably sell fast enough to do that.

How will they build the mall before the condos? Doesn't the mall meander through a corridor that is the bases/podiums of those condo buildings? Maybe you're talking about a part of the mall within the office tower?

They will build the base levels of the condos first. As Modernizt said, it will then likely shift directly into building the condos, depending on how Tridel phases them.

aA is handling the condos here and I imagine they likely tender them out while the mall/rest of the project below is already under construction. If the timing works out, they can fairly seamlessly tie their construction into the broader project below. The units will probably sell fast enough to do that.
aA is on the Front Street condos, Wallman is on the Wellington ones.

And not all the residential is condos - at least one of the buildings is rental.

In which case they can easily tender out the residential construction to coincide with the construction of the retail and office components.

Pics taken April 7, 2017

4Rwns5z.jpg

ShNyCDv.jpg

It makes sense to build the retail mall all at once depending on how well preleasing has gone and you can't built that without the parking. I wouldn't count on the residential (not that it was implied) Tridel doesn't do that.

word is the houses on Draper street (heritage listing) are shifting due to excavation on the site. oopsies! says riocan.

word is the houses on Draper street (heritage listing) are shifting due to excavation on the site. oopsies! says riocan.

Excavation has not started on The Well site. Shoring work has not even started (except for the south-east corner of the block, where shoring was completed several years ago for the originally planned new building for the Globe & Mail, and where the Toyota on Front dealership used to be).

Excavation has not started on The Well site. Shoring work has not even started (except for the south-east corner of the block, where shoring was completed several years ago for the originally planned new building for the Globe & Mail, and where the Toyota on Front dealership used to be).

I guess home owners must be wrong.

Back