Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Fun fact, traditional cappuccino served in Italy and classic Italian bars are in 150ml/5 oz cups (aka competition cappuccino); equal parts espresso shot, milk and foam. I love traditional cappuccinos but most places do not know how to make the classic version and always use far too much milk. Nowadays I just order cortados as it's as close to how I would want a drink with milk that is like a classic cappuccino where the coffee is more prominent.

As a former barista (for a very short time, not as short as @Richard White but still a very brief stint during uni) I always appreciate someone who understands how it's done properly.

I never learned nor was asked to learn 'designs' in the foam and what not, which in my experience is not traditional in Italy; but I certainly learned how to do drinks properly w/freshly ground beans for every drink, properly filtered, freshly steamed/foamed milk as may be the case, and none of this turning a cappuccino into a Latte business!

Last edited:
a33742242af4d6e86800c42827c5fdab.jpg
Yeah, that's about the ideal size of my afternoon phat mocha... <3

I'll be curious to see how the atrium space performs in all seasons. I assume the wind studies indicate it won't become a wind tunnel in winter. Or maybe they can deploy some strategic wind breaks--maybe some offset sails or something on the windward side.

Back