The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

emphur

Member Bio
Reaction score

Since my last post and more window wall has appeared, I have to say it's looking much more promising than I initially thought. The dark contrast is gonna be fantastic, I think it may look similar to the blue and black contrast seen on Waterworks on Richmond Street. I also think the curtain wall looks promising as well.

I had to go ahead and show off how the materials will look again with more context (for those of us impatient or worried) now with all the great photos shared, with more detail this time thanks to photos from @Red Mars and @architecture fan

(The curtainwall will meet the window wall differently to this, I just have no reference as to how to make it look)
wellwall.jpg

Retail Update

As a two for one in this post, for those curious about the retail leasing, the public updates on leasing have actually slowed down quite a bit, but there's a few new things to share. I don't want to flood this thread either so i'm holding off until more is released publicly. As always you can look at the retail map here: Urban Retail

As for new things on the second floor, Tokyo Smoke signed on about a month ago, I didn't post that though as I didn't feel that was an exciting update. The planned dentist also swapped units, may be possible they don't sign on as they have been holding off on signing for a while.

1624407631608.png

And on the Ground floor not much new stuff either (that is public), a few units actually have been subdivided to be smaller (as a few tenants are in discussions), and one has been leased without public reveal yet.

1624407734151.png

Nothing of note on the basement level, though the Wellington Market has been steadily filling up.

1624407977287.png

Last edited:

CanadianDriver

Member Bio
Reaction score
Since my last post and more window wall has appeared, I have to say it's looking much more promising than I initially thought. The dark contrast is gonna be fantastic, I think it may look similar to the blue and black contrast seen on Waterworks on Richmond Street. I also think the curtain wall looks promising as well.

I had to go ahead and show off how the materials will look again with more context (for those of us impatient or worried) now with all the great photos shared, with more detail this time thanks to photos from @Red Mars and @architecture fan

(The curtainwall will meet the window wall differently to this, I just have no reference as to how to make it look)
View attachment 329788

Retail Update

As a two for one in this post, for those curious about the retail leasing, the public updates on leasing have actually slowed down quite a bit, but there's a few new things to share. I don't want to flood this thread either so i'm holding off until more is released publicly. As always you can look at the retail map here: Urban Retail

As for new things on the second floor, Tokyo Smoke signed on about a month ago, I didn't post that though as I didn't feel that was an exciting update. The planned dentist also swapped units, may be possible they don't sign on as they have been holding off on signing for a while.

View attachment 329790

And on the Ground floor not much new stuff either (that is public), a few units actually have been subdivided to be smaller (as a few tenants are in discussions), and one has been leased without public reveal yet.

View attachment 329791

Nothing of note on the basement level, though the Wellington Market has been steadily filling up.

View attachment 329792

Thanks for the cool render and the Retail Link!... Great resource to remain up-to-date with the upcoming tenants

Undead

Member Bio
Reaction score
^There are some cheaped out bits like the residential window wall and uninspiring office tower podium. But as has been mentioned before in these pages, this project is more of a "whole is greater than the sum of its parts" kinda deal.

GenerationLee

Member Bio
Reaction score
I cant tell if this is sarcasm or not.
Even if it is...I'm confused. This is a similar project in some ways to said centre, but this is being built in a fully urban area...there's much more planning and a larger site to work with as well. And of course, this is over 40 years after said centre was built. Maybe the commentor dislikes modernist design? Or what Riocan did to the mall/corner by the intersection....either way, the Well is a well thought out development for this time as of now, just as the Y&E centre was planned as a centre for the community in the late 60's and earlier 70's. (And yes, I prefer the Y&E centre architecturally as originally built)

condovo

Member Bio
Reaction score

officedweller

Member Bio
Reaction score
That's a pretty prominent location in the mall for a dentist.
Hopefully they'll be able to get some decent retail anchors.
The units along the mall run seem pretty small.