Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Update today. Ramp is coming out!
Cheers.

20190103_110104_resized.jpg
20190103_110111_resized.jpg
20190103_110134_resized.jpg
20190103_110144_resized.jpg
20190103_110147_resized.jpg

Tridel wants 25% down in One Year timeline for their projects too. They got a ton of units to sell. Think again.

Let's look at the facts. This is the misnomer with this project - in terms of condo residential, it is not that big given its footprint. There are only 1818 residential units in the whole development. More than half are going to be rental. So, selling less than 900 units is not going to be hard considering you are located over hundreds of shops, parking galore, connection to future GO Station, etc.. Just down the street, Minto WestSide has over 1100 units nearly completed construction.

As for my +$1400/sqft prediction, this is not unreasonable. Some popular existing buildings in this neighbourhood are already fetching $1100-$1200/sqft. (e.g. Charlie). Look at Pemberton's 543 Richmond (at Portland) launch prices in the fall, all above $1100-1300/sqft for a mediocre building and location. King Toronto sold everything thus far for $1500/sgft (interior courtyard) to +$1900 sqft (anything with breathing space to the outside). With so little actual condo residential to sell, I can not fathom Tridel discounting anything in a rush to sell. It is going to be a mast head with Leed Platinum/Gold design, so expect pricing to match.

Without the ramp, how are they going to remove the dirt from the Enwave cistern?
They may be removing the current ramp as most of it is solid rock that needs to be broken up and replacing it with a new (temporary) one (possibly in a slightly different location) made of rubble - that is a quite common procedure in these excavations and may be what is going on here. There is still quite a lot of 'stuff' to remove and doing so with NO ramp is slow and costly.

Last edited:
When the rock excavation is done, this whole neighbourhood is going to pop open a giant bottle of champagne. You can not believe the noise and dust we have endured. All going to be worth it.

I have some idea as I work in the only building left, but I'm sure for residents it is way worse when you are trying to relax! I also agree it will be worth it. If only I can get one of the rentals...would be a great commute to work haha

Let's look at the facts. This is the misnomer with this project - in terms of condo residential, it is not that big given its footprint. There are only 1818 residential units in the whole development. More than half are going to be rental. So, selling less than 900 units is not going to be hard considering you are located over hundreds of shops, parking galore, connection to future GO Station, etc.. Just down the street, Minto WestSide has over 1100 units nearly completed construction.

As for my +$1400/sqft prediction, this is not unreasonable. Some popular existing buildings in this neighbourhood are already fetching $1100-$1200/sqft. (e.g. Charlie). Look at Pemberton's 543 Richmond (at Portland) launch prices in the fall, all above $1100-1300/sqft for a mediocre building and location. King Toronto sold everything thus far for $1500/sgft (interior courtyard) to +$1900 sqft (anything with breathing space to the outside). With so little actual condo residential to sell, I can not fathom Tridel discounting anything in a rush to sell. It is going to be a mast head with Leed Platinum/Gold design, so expect pricing to match.
I think you're right on the ball here. I was told by an agent close to Tridel that the Well will be in the $1300-$1400 range. We'll find out in 3-5 months when sales launch in the Spring.

I have some idea as I work in the only building left, but I'm sure for residents it is way worse when you are trying to relax! I also agree it will be worth it. If only I can get one of the rentals...would be a great commute to work haha
The dust is worse than the noise, although the noise is indeed annoying, particularly when you work from home.

FYI there are 1,681 units and there is no direct connection to the future GO station, just knockout panels. As for the pricing, I am curious to see where it ends up.

FYI there are 1,681 units and there is no direct connection to the future GO station, just knockout panels. As for the pricing, I am curious to see where it ends up.
Frankly, much as I like the renderings,I suspect access to this whole area will only get MUCH worse once another 2000+ residents move in. Getting into and out of the City place blocks is already a real mess and this will not help!

Yea, I get they are knockout panels and it is in the planning stages, but the Tridel marketing folks will sure to talk about it, including the ***ahem*** RailDeck Park.

BTW, where are the new stats for each building and do you know which ones are rental? I must of missed it. This is what I have from UT for all residential:

Building A 180
Building B 168
Building C 153
Building D 274
Building E 430
Building F 613

I'm under the impression that F, the tallest one, is rental.

I think you focusing too much on Wellington side which is the first condo to launch in Spring. 471 Wellington. Of course theres going to be a premium to be on millionaires row. I still go by that the condos on Front Street will be in the high $1100s predication.

Back