Toronto The View Residences | 30.48m | 8s | Condoman | Standard Practice

I will say that I do feel really bad for Howard. I try to excuse a lot (probably too much, to be honest) of the City's bullshit, especially when it comes to larger corporations who are just as predatory, but the City really has to step up when it comes to smaller builders and they've done absolutely nothing to work with him on any of his sites. It's truly embarrassing for them and a real stain on a City that perennially claims it wants to "build housing" (whatever that means).

I will say that I do feel really bad for Howard. I try to excuse a lot (probably too much, to be honest) of the City's bullshit, especially when it comes to larger corporations who are just as predatory, but the City really has to step up when it comes to smaller builders and they've done absolutely nothing to work with him on any of his sites. It's truly embarrassing for them and a real stain on a City that perennially claims it wants to "build housing" (whatever that means).

Can you elaborate PE?

He seems to have the foundation permit.

The New Building permit is stuck at refused for Fire Code; with no indication of recent movement.

I don't see any stop work orders on the site.

Howard overestimated his abilities. Covid and interest rates didn't help.

Can you elaborate PE?

The New Building permit is stuck at refused for Fire Code; with no indication of recent movement.

Not so much talking about this project specifically, but Howard's overall portfolio and the way he's been treated in seeking entitlements for perfectly reasonable projects. To say there's been a whole lot of horseshit behind the scenes would be a significant understatement...
Howard overestimated his abilities. Covid and interest rates didn't help.
Maybe so, but I have far more compassion and understanding for a small, sole proprietor than I do for a juggernaut like Tridel or Pemberton.

Not so much talking about this project specifically, but Howard's overall portfolio and the way he's been treated in seeking entitlements for perfectly reasonable projects. To say there's been a whole lot of horseshit behind the scenes would be a significant understatement...

Maybe so, but I have far more compassion and understanding for a small, sole proprietor than I do for a juggernaut like Tridel or Pembe

Maybe so, but I have far more compassion and understanding for a small, sole proprietor than I do for a juggernaut like Tridel or Pemberton.
Compassion? For Howard? It's not a charity. He's not doing this out of the goodness of his heart. You don't think for a second he wants to be the next Freed? Have compassion for the people who gave him money.

Can you elaborate PE?

Grove the previous builder didn’t tell the new builder that the city wouldn’t approve a Kingston road exit. So work has stopped for the last 5 weeks until the city and builder find a solution. TTC said no to moving their cables and the people on Wheeler said no to access that way. Also seems there’s no money to continue based on the post above. 🤷‍♂️

Update. No work since Oct 20. All remaining equipment removed last week. 18months in to excavation and still not finished. ⚠️ ⛔
IMG_0683.jpeg

One year ago I mentioned that this is the same developer as 'Post Loft Condos' on Queen St E. That development after more than 5 year is a weed strewn lot in prime Leslieville. This obviously says something about something!

Back