Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

Like i said awhile back.... The original design had no granite. Limestone was proposed. And lots of details went missing.....

Limestone was never a component of the proposal - only the base of the tower was ever contemplated to have high quality stone (i.e. the granite).

Limestone was never a component of the proposal - only the base of the tower was ever contemplated to have high quality stone (i.e. the granite).

A Limestone podium was proposed by the designer originally. At the end the builder thought black granite will up-class the building entrance...... Thats why they switched it.....

Hume just rated Crystal BLU a "C". Will Uptown Residences get a "C" or worse ? Does it have anything to offer "architecturally" ? Does it have "street presence" ? da da da dum...

I believe there are 4 new towers that will be added to this view. 1 Bloor,77 Charles,Nicholas & 1 St. Thomas.

uptownm13.jpg

That's a wonderful angle, Android. It almost has--dare I say it--a New York feel to it--or maybe, more accurately, a New York as re-imagined by Wes Anderson kind of vibe.

On another note, I may be the only one to think this, but I've always wished that 1 St Thomas was at least 10 - 15 stories taller. (Stern being the only "name" architect in that chunk of the skyline should have had the tallest building, imho.)

VERY interesting photo android. i had a really really hard time identifying where this was. it looks completely small town! crazy how you did this! i couldn't tell where it was taken from for the longest time! it's so obvious too!

This angle gives a really great outlay of the diversity of architecture in Toronto. You get a little bit of everything there.

Bloor Skyline from Spadina

Bloor Skyline from Spadina

Attachments

• 342.JPG
    342.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 271
  • 360.jpg
    360.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 260
  • 361.jpg
    361.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 257
Walking through uptown yesterday, I suddenly realized that I had walked past the Uptown Residences without even noticing it. People might complain about the lackluster finishing, but in the end it isn't a big deal. It has become just another building making up the fabric of the city. It might not be as visually interesting as a building such as One St. Thomas, but it still has a good effect on the area.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Walking along the south side of Hoskin Uptown looks like it's been there for decades. It fills the spot between Manulife and 2BW perfectly, and from that distance even the roof feature looks appropriate

Back