Toronto The Tower at King West | ?m | 26s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

26 December 2012: I hadn't been in this 'hood in years. Really is becoming insanely dense, but make no mistake, it's very suburban dense. The architecture is a writeoff for starters. In some ways the Metro parking lot is essential to create a bit of public space. There is construction everywhere! However, the area might be the ideal pickup joint...:)

20121226160651.jpg

20121226154206.jpg

20121226154108.jpg

20121226153851.jpg

Last edited:
yikes! It's like a portion of Mississauga has been concentrated and dropped in the city.
What a big hot congested mess in LV!
I'd rather live in Cityplace. At least there are open spaces, parks, a cohesive aesthetic (though to many it may look too sterile), and it doesn't look like the buildings are oppressive and closing in on you like at LV.

This tower is right beside the retail cluster and yet it looks like it has no retail in it. Is that the case or will there be retail in the first floor?

Pic taken Oct 5, 2012

r0yTc.jpg

Spire: not enough information in this, or any other photo taken so far for me to have an overall idea of what's going on at ground level in total. I agree that what we can see there is not exactly beautiful, but I have no idea where the first doors are either to the left or to the right. Obviously we're also looking at some ventilation (for the underground parking I assume) which is not so nice either, and that is placed on the side of the building that it shares with the shopping centre's loading dock/driveway area, so I don't expect much there. On the south face at ground level… will that be lobby? amenity? retail? I don't know. Anyone know?

There are a number of 2 storey live-work units proposed at the base of The Tower @ King West along the south and east facade

Good!

I was in LV last week and I couldn't believe how ugly the colour of this building was. At that time I didn't realize it was going to be painted red, so I was kinda in disbelief. Just yesterday, after reading UD's post, I went to check the renderings and it appears the bricks will be painted red. I'm not a fan of painted brick because I believe it will fade and look run down, in time but it sure looks a whole lot better than the ugly colour it is right now. The red brick will help it blend into the neighbourhood. Let's hope it happens soon. I'm very happy this is not an all-glass tower.

Last edited:
I'm also happy to hear that the finished product will include painted red brick (never thought I'd actually say that), becauase as is, this is the ugliest building currently under construction in the city of Toronto.

Since this is a Plazacorp building, I don't know why it didn't occur to me that they would paint it, as they did the same just around the corner at King West Life. Unfortunately, it might still turn out to be the ugliest building around.

Back