Toronto The Selby | 165.5m | 50s | Tricon | bKL Architecture

23607012219_e16d71882a_h.jpg

23679189880_d34b80c37e_h.jpg

23948762666_77f84da042_h.jpg

These are actually from a week ago. Forgot I had taken them. The house is now perched on a platform while work underneath is taking place. Surprised people don't seem interested in this project, it's really interesting

Not at all. Lots of cool things to shoot in the immediate vicinity. It's about getting out of your comfort zone and finding the extraordinary in every day situations. Take a walk down Parliament. Great street shots available there. Or veer off into Cabbagetown for its charming cottages and tidy, small-town vibe. Or walk over the viaduct and take in the view. Or walk west along Bloor. You get the idea.

Last edited:
Yep, fair enough. I didn't mean to say there's no goodies at all there. I just meant to say that, given where most developments are happening right now, if you're out for the primary purpose of taking shots of these developments you're less likely to head over to Sherbourne. You'd maybe get to Charles and Church, maybe Jarvis, and then typically head south or east.

Gotcha, and agreed. I am looking forward to this project for its colour and the extensive use of brick... depending on how it's executed it could make quite the dramatic statement.

Me too, though I'm actually more excited to see how it changes Sherbourne. Putting legitimate debates about gentrification aside for the moment, this is an area sorely in need of TLC. This building will also be nice to look at when heading into the city heading west on Bloor.

Not for long, unfortunately. St. Jamestown North will be in the way.

Me too, though I'm actually more excited to see how it changes Sherbourne. Putting legitimate debates about gentrification aside for the moment, this is an area sorely in need of TLC. This building will also be nice to look at when heading into the city heading west on Bloor.

Sherbourne has changed quite a bit in the last 5 or so years with the additions of several projects during that time. It will only get better with the number of projects that are either on the go or proposed. I think this will be the 1st project built on Sherbourne over the last little while that will have above average design.

Back