Toronto The Residences of 488 University Avenue | 206.95m | 55s | Amexon | Core Architects

Whaaaaaaaaat ... did they issue letters? Almost feels like a guess or stab in the dark ... wonder if Jan 2019 will stick!

Forms ahoy

IMG_2191.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2191.JPG
    IMG_2191.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 438
I'm not sure what people are complaining about the speed at this transition point/transfer floors.

It's an incredibly complicated piece of structural engineering.

Well it would appear that even the builders and engineers didn't think it would take this long, with the ever extending occupancy dates. I know that's nothing new in condo construction, but the fact is that the transition point/transfer floors have taken much longer than expected.

Well it would appear that even the builders and engineers didn't think it would take this long, with the ever extending occupancy dates. I know that's nothing new in condo construction, but the fact is that the transition point/transfer floors have taken much longer than expected.

Trying to build a new building on top of an existing building while making sure that everyone that occupies the building is still able to do so with minimal disruption is huge undertaking. The actual transfer floor itself only seemed to take 1-2 months to form and pour. That is not a long time for such a large transfer slab. I would even say that's a fairly quick turn around. What seemed to take a long time is getting all the parts below that lined up in order to get to that point. Now that all the difficult and time consuming stuff is done you're going to see this building go up in a hurry.

No one here, unless you're working on project, knows how long they expected this to take. Using the occupancy date to say that they thought it would take less time is pointless. The initial occupancy date is set by the marketing guys, to make it more appealing to potential buyers. For all we know they are right on track with the initial building timeline.

Back