Toronto The Pemberton | 215.79m | 68s | Pemberton | a—A

My building has about 80 units and 2 elevators. It's great, very little waiting necesarry. Of course, it was built about 14 years ago before everything became a race to the bottom…

Party.
857D021F-0F70-4DD3-9582-6E7E40E53A8E.jpeg
F89EA505-0B1B-43A5-9275-556793CC7622.jpeg

I used to live in a 30 story tower, 2 units per floor. We had 2 elevators plus a moving elevator. Hardly ever had to wait even if an elevator was out of service.

My grandma lived in a 22 story tower in london that I believe had 3 elevators. Again effective and efficient. Or course in both cases we're talking about buildings finished before the 2000's

Folks lining up to buy condos like hotcakes:

Silly question: Have you actually ever lined up to buy hotcakes?

I'm quite sure I haven't............just wondering...... LOL

They're cold by the time it's my turn.

edit: can someone post the image here directly? I don't have IG and the preview doesn't show up for me. Merci

Maybe not hotcakes per se, but I do remember lining up for Uncle Tetsu's cheesecakes like 7 or 8 years ago when they first opened. As the place where I used to work was a few floors up from their Bay Street location, and a colleague and I wanted to see what the fuss was all about. I guess fwiw, they did come out of the oven hot.

Or if you count lining up for brunch places that serve what includes, but not only fresh pancakes. ;)

Any free food / beverage? Maybe that's the reason for the long line-up :)

It's Pemberton, if there was, it would be value-engineered. The Champagne watered-down, store-brand Prosecco, the crackers are saltines......w/no-name cheese spread and bologna. LOL
I'd line up not to partake!

IIRC Real estate agents paid people to sit outside One Bloor East on their behalf to be ahead in line. And I recall another instance where the developer paid people to sit outside to get more attention. I mean, if that’s how you want to spend your time and money, go ahead.

Back