Toronto The Pemberton | 215.79m | 68s | Pemberton | a—A

Thanks for the pics @Marcanadian.

I'm really not liking the podium treatment. It reminds me a lot of the Festival tower on King West with its hulking mass and the fact that it isn't broken up. Moreover, the patterned glass looks like it's hiding another above ground parking lot and doesn't seem like it will age well.

What makes Yorkville special is the fine grained nature of its buildings. If only something of the sort could be replicated instead of a Four Seasons 2.0.

Thanks for the pics @Marcanadian.

I'm really not liking the podium treatment. It reminds me a lot of the Festival tower on King West with its hulking mass and the fact that it isn't broken up. Moreover, the patterned glass looks like it's hiding another above ground parking lot and doesn't seem like it will age well.

What makes Yorkville special is the fine grained nature of its buildings. If only something of the sort could be replicated instead of a Four Seasons 2.0.

It is hiding 2 levels of above grade residential parking.

The parking garage demolition has started with the upper deck.
E06340D4-C24A-4E07-9C88-F229DF4544A2.jpeg
089D0C32-6271-4E8D-B42D-357BF90202B4.jpeg
574AA56C-0C2E-43CE-B195-DFB20120572A.jpeg
2C699CBE-394F-404B-9860-5D5A63447EC8.jpeg

Walked based this weekend. I hadn't previously heard of this building. Why doesn't/isn't the city able to enforce the 750sq2 meter floor plate rule here. This is going to be such a monstrous building.

Essentially, they are hoping to go to 66 storeys, 215 metres in total height, and drop the number of resident parking spaces from 309 to 183 (there is still an 800 space public underground garage going in), and raising the number of suites from 1029 to 1077.

Interestingly, the Cover Letter states that in the time since sales of the suites have been underway, 1027 suites have sold and only 81 parks spaces ave been purchased. Even with the reduction, should it be allowed, (it will be), residents will have likely years to absorb the remaining spaces in the garage.

I used the map to see if there was anything on file re. the two adjacent office blocks on Bay (there isn't). They seem so dated and small in comparison to where the neighbourhood is going...

Can anyone confirm if this the only place where there will be an established mid-block connection between Cumberland and Yorkville (centred on the fire hall's tower)?

Back