Toronto The Pemberton | 215.79m | 68s | Pemberton | a—A

I read it on the Cresford website but it is almost certainly outdated/inaccurate.

71 minus floors 4, 13, 14, 24, 34, 44, 54, 64 equals 63 storeys, one off of what we know the taller tower has permission for.

46 minus floors 4, 13, 14, 24, 34, 44 equals 40 storeys, which the shorter tower has permission for.

A tower whose top floor is 71st because the developer skips a bunch of floors is NOT a 71-storey tower. I hope Cresford is better than that, or I'm going to build a 2 storey house, label the 2nd floor 100th, and call it a 100-storey tower

Not all, but most developers in the city skip floor numbers, especially those who target the Chinese market, because of how 四 (four) sounds similar to 死 (death).

33yorkj21.jpg

Attachments

• 33yorkj21.jpg
    33yorkj21.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 730
It looks like they're doing interior demolition in the old restaurant there. The parking lot is still open but has a sign up saying they're moving with the exact date to be announced later.

It looks like they're doing interior demolition in the old restaurant there. The parking lot is still open but has a sign up saying they're moving with the exact date to be announced later.

That restaurant has been...problematic, shall we say, for the area. Can remember when it was WC Field's, there was an internal entrance via that shabby little mall to the bar's lower-level pool room and smoking floor.

From the latest GYRA newsletter:

The project is scheduled to begin the demolition of the buildings located at 26-30 Cumberland and 27-29 Yorkville Ave within the next few months. Demolition of the Toronto Parking Authority (TPA) garage on Yorkville Ave is also scheduled to begin shortly. The project will take about four years to complete and the developer estimates that the underground replacement parking garage with 800 spaces will be completed in about two years.

Back