Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Correct me if I'm wrong, 11 years of postings and it is nowhere near done.
The most time-consuming parts of a tower (Per floor) are the underground parts and the podium, which in this case are already complete. In addition, they're onto repeating floor forms now (Where the same pieces are used to pour concrete on to form the floor and walls) and have already completed the first set of mechanical floors (Which are the 3rd most time-consuming per floor) so they can reuse those too when the next set of mechanical floors come.

I'm trying to post a daily update between floor pours. Today, they started putting up the next floor forms and pouring the walls and columns.

20230530_153352.jpg
20230530_152804.jpg
20230530_152838.jpg

Today. Blue sidings between One St Thomas and Uptown Residences. Just a preview of how this will look on the skyline from U of T’s back campus. It’s crazy how little impact it currently makes on the skyline despite appearing massive from the ‘golden corner’ (Yonge & Bloor)

5EB67DAF-328D-4C1B-9187-D44A43399609.jpeg

I'm sure it's just pure coincidence, but almost every time someone comes to this thread to criticize this building:
View attachment 481666
Since this screenshot was posted... random question unrelated to the building.
Supposedly I'm a "New Member" for some reason even though this account has been used since 2010, but mostly lurking.
Is this status change based on post frequency or some other metric? Do I need to pass around a petition and get signatures?

Supposedly I'm a "New Member" for some reason even though this account has been used since 2010, but mostly lurking.
Is this status change based on post frequency or some other metric? Do I need to pass around a petition and get signatures?

The "New Member" badge is dependent purely on number of posts. After you hit 100, I believe you become "Active Member", then after 1000 posts it's "Senior Member", and finally it's "Superstar" but I don't know how many posts are required for that.

The "New Member" badge is dependent purely on number of posts. After you hit 100, I believe you become "Active Member", then after 1000 posts it's "Senior Member", and finally it's "Superstar" but I don't know how many posts are required for that.
10,000, I believe.

Just so I'm clear, when I refer to the New Members sailing in to complain in this thread, it's always people with less posts than fingers.

Who knows if it's true or not, but I've heard rumblings that there's a concerted effort to discredit Mizrahi. This thread gets visits all the time from "New Members" who fire off unsubstantiated, disproven and ridiculous attacks on Sam Mizrahi himself and the financing of the project, use any unrelated slowdown as proof that the project is going to fail, and complain that the project is taking so long it'll never get completed.

I normally wouldn't go in for any kind of conspiracy, but I've been on UT for 10 years, and never have I seen this many attacks on a single project and on such a regular basis, and almost always by "New Members".

Just so I'm clear, when I refer to the New Members sailing in to complain in this thread, it's always people with less posts than fingers.

Who knows if it's true or not, but I've heard rumblings that there's a concerted effort to discredit Mizrahi. This thread gets visits all the time from "New Members" who fire off unsubstantiated, disproven and ridiculous attacks on Sam Mizrahi himself and the financing of the project, use any unrelated slowdown as proof that the project is going to fail, and complain that the project is taking so long it'll never get completed.

I normally wouldn't go in for any kind of conspiracy, but I've been on UT for 10 years, and never have I seen this many attacks on a single project and on such a regular basis, and almost always by "New Members".
To be fair, there have been a few Active regulars that have complained in bad faith too. But they have either been sent to a moderation corner or their unflattering posts of the developer are being moved to the Real Estate division to my understanding...

...the best way to deal with the miscreants though is keep posting pics of the progress here and/or put them on /ignore, IMO. And /report if they get abusive...and that's pretty much all I am going to say about this for now.

Back