Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Huh? I prefer metres (metric in general) but I wouldn't go as far as saying it is objectively better because its more 'human'. Imperial and metric lengths are both arbitrary. Not everyone's foot is 12 inches.

Both systems involve somewhat arbitrary assignments of value, but at least metric is consistently based off of 10. Whereas feet, inches, miles, yards, pound? It's a mishmash. There's nothing terribly "human" about it.

The metric system is slowly making inroads here. I'm well into my 50s now and I'm used to thinking of kph when driving and these days I notice more young people talk in terms of kilometres rather than miles. But human height? In North America at least we're still happy with feet and inches. In another generation or three, I'm not so sure Imperial is going to be dominant.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I don't remember how many floors the One is supposed to have, but I too find it handy to have both a building's proposed number of stories as well as its height listed. It's nice to have different ways of gauging a building's relative height and size. I realize that office buildings have a higher floor height in general but we've also seen instances of residential towers with different floor heights depending on where the floor is located. It's just another way of conceptualizing any given project.

Agree - I miss the stories in the titles

We had a problem with the length of the thread titles. We had to pick one so we went with metres rather than storeys.

Here's the night shot.

Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at Monday Nov 23, 2015 9.01.31 AM.png

I would love to see this become a two tower project with the building with the Scotiabank biting the dust.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at Monday Nov 23, 2015 9.01.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at Monday Nov 23, 2015 9.01.31 AM.png
    649.8 KB · Views: 860
We had a problem with the length of the thread titles. We had to pick one so we went with metres rather than storeys.

makes no sense. adding "80s" or "29s" etc barely adds to the length of threat titles.

people are upset - for a reason. the number of storeys is one of the most important descriptors. re-add the # of storeys asap.

Back