Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I remember that interview as well, it was in ctv back in the fall I think. She did say that she was going to make sure the proposal went through the full application processes or something like that. I don't think she said snails pace... I don't recall her sounding like she was opposing the project, but it did imply she was not going to let it happen quickly.

Last edited:
which is what has been happening. Developer did a second submission, with several changes. Approval is expected soon, the fact that they are debating loading spaces means they are pretty close to finishing up and signing the dotted line.

I saw that tweet the other day by Kristyn Wong-Tam and was a bit disappointed. Toronto Life also picked it up in their daily eblast Twelve Thirty Six... Shouldn't she appear a bit impartial at this stage?

It's pretty brilliant that Mizrahi got the BIA on board. We all know that councillors don't like to ruffle the feathers of their constituents...

According to her own words she is not running again so maybe what people want does not have as much bearing as one might think. Maybe she is holding a grudge lol

At the Design Review Panel now (the previous visit was in May 2015).

We are preparing a full story on this, but I can tell you for the moment that it seems the tower is now being proposed at 72 storeys, 304.3 metres/998.1 feet in response—it seems, we're not entirely sure—to shadow concerns from the City. We are going to try to get more info on that after the hearing ends.

PS - some DRP members have mentioned that they think the new design of the top looks stumpy now, while another is not happy that there is any new shadow on Jesse Ketchum park despite 12 storeys being lopped off.

Ouch.
For god sakes this is annoying. Stumpy top, yeah I wonder why. Even a spire would at least compromise the height loss. This is now the same height as M/G.

Last edited:
Ouch.
For god sakes this is annoying. Stumpy top, yeah I wonder why. Even a spire would at least compromise the height loss. This is now the same height as M/G.

being 37 meters shorter really means nothing. In reality a 341m tower impresses nobody in today's world and Toronto will never be a city famous for supertalls.
What matters is what the building looks like.

Okay - we have a clarification on why the height reduction has come about. It's not the City directly who asked for it, but it was at the stakeholders' meetings where residents groups to the north were calling for minimized shadowing. Mizrahi is complying with those requests. We should have more detail by the time the the front page story is ready.

Back