Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Don't know if any of you want to guess what else is coming up in the elevator core?!
There will be a concrete placing boom and mini crane attached to the top (blue gantry top structure) construction.
I have waited for soooo long to get to this stage, since I was heavily involved in the development and design phase of all the DOKA formwork used on this tower.
It's gonna be pure brilliance once all of the self climbing systems are fully installed! :)
If you have any questions related to the self-climbing equipment used at The ONE - I will be your guy. ;)
Cheers and happy Tuesday!

Don't know if any of you want to guess what else is coming up in the elevator core?!
There will be a concrete placing boom and mini crane attached to the top (blue gantry top structure) construction.
I have waited for soooo long to get to this stage, since I was heavily involved in the development and design phase of all the DOKA formwork used on this tower.
It's gonna be pure brilliance once all of the self climbing systems are fully installed! :)
If you have any questions related to the self-climbing equipment used at The ONE - I will be your guy. ;)

This might be more about the elevators than the formwork, but if I'm looking at that right does that mean the elevator core will have a steel structure erected first, and then infill slabs and walls around them? Or is it more minimalistic than that? Is this thing just going to provide the elevator rails and then they still have to form up the walls of the core around them?

I'm guessing this is the start of assembly for Otis' SkyBuild construction elevators (first use in Canada).

"The SkyBuild construction elevator grows with the building, giving crews indoor access to the highest completed floor and boosting productivity with safe, reliable, fast transportation. SkyRise elevators offer speeds up to 12.5 meters per second and climb up to 600 meters.

Otis is providing 11 SkyRise elevators, eight Gen2 elevators and four SkyBuild construction elevators, which convert to SkyRise elevators when construction is complete."

Story here:

https://storeys.com/otis-canada-supplying-23-elevators-the-one/

Looks like Bay and Adelaide used something similar according to this clip on youtube

Elevator parts arriving just now.
26F0169A-8B75-41D9-A430-52DEA899F467.jpeg
6FCD6970-B17F-4161-B494-785C70816AEE.jpeg

Did you work on 432 Park Avenue? I assume the Doka systems here are going to be similar. Cool to see a tower in Toronto using quite advanced construction techniques.

Back