Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

That's interesting. I wasn't expecting curtainwall anchors on the west elevation of the tower just yet. I figured there was one more floor that'd tie into the western elevator bank first.

This is off topic but do we even have rats in Toronto? In all my considerable time in the city I have seen mice in old apartment buildings but never seen rats in Toronto.
I have seen rats in the alleys behind every building I've ever lived in. I probably see more rats than I see raccoons, skunks, etc. But never a single one inside anywhere.

That's interesting. I wasn't expecting curtainwall anchors on the west elevation of the tower just yet. I figured there was one more floor that'd tie into the western elevator bank first.
The sixth level is the last one with an internal connection to the west elevator cores. The seventh floor will have a (partial) green roof connection to the west cores, and the eighth and up (the ninth is about the roof height of the west elevator overruns) will be air and therefore curtainwall anchors!

I think the space between the western elevator bank and the tower on the 7th floor will be used as a green roof and I think there will be big planters there.

This is off topic but do we even have rats in Toronto? In all my considerable time in the city I have seen mice in old apartment buildings but never seen rats in Toronto.
Toronto has a rat population however lesser so than many other major North American Cities partly due to garbage containment management and competition with other species for their food supply.

NYC has way more rats largely because garbage is mostly picked up curbside in simple plastic bags.. Toronto's garbage pickup is almost exclusively in off-street loading areas for large buildings, and small residential properties have secure containers which are designed to prevent raccoons, yet alone rats.

Toronto also smells about 100x better because of this.

The sixth level is the last one with an internal connection to the west elevator cores. The seventh floor will have a (partial) green roof connection to the west cores, and the eighth and up (the ninth is about the roof height of the west elevator overruns) will be air and therefore curtainwall anchors!

So those openings for the elevator doors? Do the elevators lead up to the green roof? I guess they'll put up a vestibule for weather protection for the elevators?

NYC has way more rats largely because garbage is mostly picked up curbside in simple plastic bags.. Toronto's garbage pickup is almost exclusively in off-street loading areas for large buildings, and small residential properties have secure containers which are designed to prevent raccoons, yet alone rats.

Toronto also smells about 100x better because of this.
No less than an hour after settling into our hotel in the Bowery, on my first trip to New York, I almost tripped stepping off a curb and realizing there was a rat the size of a groundhog directly running under the path of my foot.

So those openings for the elevator doors? Do the elevators lead up to the green roof? I guess they'll put up a vestibule for weather protection for the elevators?
The north and south doors will only lead to elevator machine room and MEP (mechanical/electrical/plumbing) space while the centre doors take you to a fire escape staircase.

Was just about to post. Couple lines at the end:

Mizrahi had blamed the delays on events that were out of its control, such as a provincewide plumber and pipefitter strike in 2019, and COVID-19, which has delayed construction of many projects across the country.

Apple disagreed and said Mizrahi’s delays were not the result of the pandemic. “They were the result of Mizrahi’s inability to manage the project,” Apple said in its application. Apple has also asked the court to hear its application and Mizrahi’s at the same time

Apple not mincing words.

The original lease agreement between Apple and Mizrahi is dated March 23, 2016. It was amended twice to push out the maximum final delivery date from Nov. 30, 2019, to Oct. 31, 2021, according to both parties’ court documents.

Apple lists 26 items it alleges Mizrahi did not complete by the Halloween deadline. They include incomplete common areas and other work that allegedly prevented Apple’s occupancy.
Apple lease was modified to change final delivery to Oct 2021. How behind is the project?

Back