Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

A purple tower would be really cool at Yonge and Eglinton. I don't know why but I just think it would look really cool there lol.

I'm still waiting for a purple tower haha.

393 King West has purple(ish) glass and it's too horrible to contemplate any more of it. I can't even joke about it. What the even heck.

393KingThing.jpg

Attachments

• 393KingThing.jpg
    393KingThing.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 870
393 King West has purple(ish) glass and it's too horrible to contemplate any more of it. I can't even joke about it. What the even heck.

Indeed - Sussex in MCC is nasty as well. If one is going for colour, look to the Western European model please. Anyways, I would temper my expectations on the colour front for this project - F+P really doesn't do colour. For that, go for Rogers Stirk Harbour instead.

AoD

Last edited:
I honestly doubt any proposal <300m will be better than Scotia Plaza. Amazing architecture at that height and width is almost impossible to beat imho.

Scotia is awfully cramped on the inside. Creaks and yawns like crazy in a little wind.

I think we're just missing more brick and stone etc. There's something lacking in all the glass and spandrel and stuff used in high rise and EIFS in low rise. I mean, i don't think i've ever walked through New York or Chicago etc and thought, 'gee they just need more colour'!

Probably just romanticizing on the prewar architecture and not even noticing the lack of colour. Sure a lot of junk has gone up in this era but, I don't think future generations looking back on what was accomplished during this "glass" age will look at it with such negativity.

Neutral coloured glass is the name of the game just about anywhere. F+P is right in the thick of things too. I'd be very surprised if this isn't blue,green,black,grey glass with some aluminium structural element.

Last edited:
That's great that you know the type of stone used for that building. But the bottom line is that the building wasn't built with a cheap product that could fall apart in the near future.

The facade is showing its age though.

Onebloorwest.com website has been updated ever so slightly, now includes same image albeit a second graphic with also an official 1-800 phone number with email contact. Things are heating up.

And I have to agree that our skyline lacks certain deep color tones. As of late, many condos tend to be either a sea green, or soft blue spandrel. Some deep black curtain wall (Trump World Tower) would be welcomed that doesn't look like the TD Centre.

But the bottom line is that the building wasn't built with a cheap product that could fall apart in the near future.

Just because the material isn't cheap doesn't mean it won't fall apart. First Canadian Place was covered in Carrara marble, and it starting falling off the facade after a few decades. On the other hand, there are brick and glass office buildings from the 1950s that are in good shape.

That's great that you know the type of stone used for that building. But the bottom line is that the building wasn't built with a cheap product that could fall apart in the near future.

FCP wasn't clad in cheap material, yet, it fell apart and was replaced with glass.

That's great that you know which materials are cheap though ;)

Not that I can see F+P doing it, but it would be really nice a tower using dichronic glass as exterior cladding.

Yep!
This would be a PERFECT way to incorporate pink here!

Haha! Point taken - I am referring more to something along the lines of MDRVD and the like.

AoD

Last edited:

Back