Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Why would a supertall be ruled out? Not that I'm expecting one, but... the building could have a crown/spire to take it to 300 metres or over.

Why would a supertall be ruled out? Not that I'm expecting one, but... the building could have a crown/spire to take it to 300 metres or over.
That would be awesome, but I'm just basing it on the fact that it's neighbour is 75 stories @ 257 meters

Sure thing. Although I expect this will be a very different beast, if only to make it singularly epic. Provided it lives up to the building hype, natch.

Cool how we're getting all these tidbits of info hidden in these types of interviews. What a tease! 80s is a solid number, and the exoskeleton seems very foster like. Looks like they're really trying to live up to its name. First week of March is NEXT WEEK.

So right now I'm picturing a complex, modernist take on an Art Deco podium with multiple setbacks/facades, with an 80 storey tapering building rising above it like a pyramid with a visible cross bracing pattern covering the facade. Seems about right ;)

For all the talk of starchitects if we can emerge from this cycle with M+G, SNF, one other actually completed I'd be ecstatic.

Could this include the Stollery Stone?

Wouldn't be a bad move. The "jewellery" comment is a tad odd.

For all the talk of starchitects if we can emerge from this cycle with M+G, SNF, one other actually completed I'd be ecstatic.

We already have one completed F+P and one under construction, plus at least one proposed.

AoD

3C Waterfront, Oxford Place, and The One are the proposed Foster projects, TTC York University Station is under construction, and Leslie L. Dan Pharmacy Building is completed.

Back