Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

so that box, is that going be a 10 foot thick transfer slab? or is that just going to be sheer walls to add rigidityto the core

Though the plans aren't clear as to whether the slab is full height. I guess we will find out!

AoD
So, the plans show the actual transfer slab to be the Roof of Level 4 / Floor of Level 5. And it's substantially thick, taking up quite a lot of the 6 metres that Level 4 is supposed to be. I'd estimate the slab to be anywhere between 1.0 to 1.5 metres thick, at least at the core of the building (inner box where the elevators will sit).
1612391916729.png

It also looks like the latticework of steel beams rising above this transfer slab to further transfer the loads between the interior core and the diagonal support beams and the outer super-columns. This lattice-work forms the interior core surrounding the elevator, the stairs and other service spaces and will likely go up the entirety of the building to provide the necessary interior support. You can see the "I" beams in the core (from the Residential lobby level) corresponding with the actual steelwork that is installed.
1612392564231.png

Getting Higher and Higher.

I think you can see a plausible bracket for that hanger diagrid!

The other interesting thing is that the rebar density for these new supercolumns seems lower than the previously installed ones - less loads since they will be shared with the core?

AoD

Last edited:
I had a feeling that the super columns would rise again. I bet the angle brackets are in brought in this weekend as I imagine they are lengthy.

The other interesting thing is that the rebar density for these new supercolumns seems lower than the previously installed ones - less loads since they will be shared with the core?

AoD
That was my first thought upon seeing those.

...I am more intrigued that the said columns appear to be of a more silvery hue. Are they using a different type of steel and/or process for those?

AoD

the hotel and res levels have internal sheer walls i believe so they wouldn't need as much rebar in the columns?

Back