Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

A couple of 10x telephoto shots from Queens Quay this afternoon:

20240912_172700.jpeg

20240912_173800.jpeg

Apologies if this was previously posted, this is a busy thread so I might have missed it.......

But there was a move to amend the building permit here in August:

1726237712882.png

@Paclo I think this settles the height question given the timing.

Apologies if this was previously posted, this is a busy thread so I might have missed it.......

View attachment 595986

Thanks. It mentions there are 4 levels of commercial parking? What about residential parking?

Hey @Northern Light can you give the link to the new submission? I can't seem to find it.

Not a submission, a building permit.

The permit site is here:

Type in 1 Bloor W into the address field, and you'll see a pink dot highlighted, zoom a bit and click on it (its very sensitive in terms of your landing the cursor correctly).

Once you do that you'll see a list of all the permits, this one is the first 'New Building' you will come across, it has the number 3 in it as its the 3rd revision.

Photos taken today, Friday (Sept. 13). The forms at top have moved up a level, I think we are at level 70 at the core. At 69 for sure. As documented by BloorMan above, the latest set of hangers were installed yesterday linking the corner floors of level 59 to the top of level 64. These are the 10th set of hangers, the first set of three for the third mega-section, as I call the sections between the mechanical floors. One section below, the west Rail Climbing System has joined the east and north ones, installing the skin on level 39, the first floor of the second mega-section. How come I never realized until now that there are exactly 20 floors between each mega-section? Meanwhile, at ground level nothing new to report as we wonder if a retail tenant will move in there soon.

Starting with the latest "time-lapse" Flickr album update (I also now include the view from Cumberland by Bay in that album to better see the top of the tower rising), to the view from Yonge and Dundas to the south, a closer view from Yonge and Alexander showing the top half of the tower and tighter shot from below, then to shots looking straight up with the crane prominent. The view from across in front of Holt Renfrew on Bloor to the west, and from Balmuto across the street, views from Cumberland east of Bay, then from Bloor east of Yonge by the old Bay main entrance. And a final set from Bloor west at Bedford, 1 Bloor E now no longer visible behind 1 Bloor W. The view from Devonshire, south of Bloor, and from College and Queen's Park Crescent.

UTIMG_9109.jpg
UTIMG_8902.jpg
UTIMG_8933.jpg
UTIMG_8982.jpg
UTIMG_9337.jpg
UTIMG_9368.jpg
UTIMG_9269.jpg
UTIMG_9317.jpg
UTIMG_9227.jpg
UTIMG_9174.jpg
UTIMG_9071.jpg
UTIMG_9397.jpg
UTIMG_9433.jpg
UTIMG_9464.jpg

View attachment 595986

So I found this in the previous revision the new building permit dated 19-Sep-2023 that also mentions the 86 storeys with 4 underground levels.
1000100497.png

I'm about 85% sure the height was still 91 storeys, 328m height, and Mizrahi was still at the helm at that time. Any chance they never updated the generic verbiage for this proposal?

Time to dive into the historical posts in this thread! Wish me luck!

Ok , I'm back after a couple hours of digging.

First things first, the height increase was approved in June-2023 at 328.4m tall:
Hmm, the submission:

View attachment 487193

Ahhh, here was the interesting bit.................I was looking for:

View attachment 487196

The above was part of the Councillor's motion, which can be read in full, here:

That's right, everyone's invited inside 'The One'.......to enjoy art; AND, the view.

The project went into receivership in Oct-2023 the receiver applied for continued construction works from 29-Nov-2023 to 29-Nov-2024:
I think we (well, most of us) knew this............but the receiver here has now given clear indication that they are still very much in building mode.... (into the future)....

Strategy Corp is now working on their behalf (lobbying) for expeditious permits:

View attachment 523590

A similar question to my previous post was discussed at that time stating that the latest "New Building" permit still shows the height as 86 storeys.
I'd be guessing, but...... the current 'New Building' permits still show the height as 86 storeys. I would guess that revisions have been or about to be applied for, and that those are pending.

There may also be revisions for other spaces (such as ground floor retail tenant).

This permit was issued on 19-Sep-2023 which is before the receivership date of 19-Oct-2023 which means the building was still under Mizrahi at the 328m height but yet listed as 86 storeys. This leads me to believe that it's only an oversight when authoring that short blurb.

I might also be completely wrong and just hoping for the height to remain at 328m and am holding on to whatever hope I can find!

Photos taken today, Friday (Sept. 13). The forms at top have moved up a level, I think we are at level 70 at the core. At 69 for sure. As documented by BloorMan above, the latest set of hangers were installed yesterday linking the corner floors of level 59 to the top of level 64. These are the 10th set of hangers, the first set of three for the third mega-section, as I call the sections between the mechanical floors. One section below, the west Rail Climbing System has joined the east and north ones, installing the skin on level 39, the first floor of the second mega-section. How come I never realized until now that there are exactly 20 floors between each mega-section? Meanwhile, at ground level nothing new to report as we wonder if a retail tenant will move in there soon.

Starting with the latest "time-lapse" Flickr album update (I also now include the view from Cumberland by Bay in that album to better see the top of the tower rising), to the view from Yonge and Dundas to the south, a closer view from Yonge and Alexander showing the top half of the tower and tighter shot from below, then to shots looking straight up with the crane prominent. The view from across in front of Holt Renfrew on Bloor to the west, and from Balmuto across the street, views from Cumberland east of Bay, then from Bloor east of Yonge by the old Bay main entrance. And a final set from Bloor west at Bedford, 1 Bloor E now no longer visible behind 1 Bloor W. The view from Devonshire, south of Bloor, and from College and Queen's Park Crescent.
Nice!

Back