Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Good day!

The site is too small for the proposed development. In size and in scope.

The developer lacks the requisite experience to undertake such a massive project from a construction perspective and probably from a marketing and sales perspective as well. His financial position is unknown but history suggests he lacks the resources in that area as well.

The developer has no experience in retail development either.

The developer has no track record for delivering completed high density towers, let alone mega towers.

This project will very likely fail.

Last edited:
Clearly doesn't have all the information but, I don't see anything that outlandish with his post. I think the density is on the extreme end that will be rectified through acquisitions or other arrangements. I'm also optimistic that the tower will rise but, those behind Mizrahi will leave him with very little equity in the development.

Proposal documents submitted to the City:

http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/c...nnel=1be452cc66061410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD

Enjoy!

- Interesting that one of the retail spaces is already labelled as "electronics store" *ahem* in the Architectural Plans.
- No additional shadowing impact on Jesse Ketchum Park it would seem.

AoD

Thanks for this AOD !

From the architectural plans (http://www1.toronto.ca/City%20Of%20Toronto/City%20Planning/Community%20Planning/Files/pdf/1/1%20Bloor%20W_Architectural%20Plans.pdf):

• Proposed underground tunnel connection to run east into 1 Bloor East?
  • Parking located on levels P2 to P8; untypical in Toronto, 'parking stackers' are used in half of P3 and all of P4 to P8 to maximize parking supply
  • Retail space spans from P1 to Lv 8, Lv 2 is skipped as ground floor Retail units are double height
  • Retail space on Lv 6 with wrap around terrace, suitable for restaurant?
  • Retail space on Lv 8 with connection to gigantic terrace on level above, suitable for restaurant?
  • Residential Sky Lobby on Level 12
  • Residential Outdoor Amenity on Level 12 and Indoor Amenity on Level 13

April 14:

attachment.php

Attachments

• zIMG_2333.JPG
    zIMG_2333.JPG
    308.3 KB · Views: 780

Back