Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I don't know anybody collecting CERB anymore , other than 19 year old students who don't contribute to the economy anyway. Like usual, people always predict the end and it never happens.

Anyways, I am actually really excited to see this tower go up. It's been moving along insanely slow so far. Hopefully we can see some momentum soon.
I too am excited that the tower is going up and have been rooting for it since I came across it.
As to your comment "I don't know anybody collecting CERB anymore", I would say to you that I don't personally know anyone who has or got Covid - does that matter all?

I don't know anybody collecting CERB anymore , other than 19 year old students who don't contribute to the economy anyway. Like usual, people always predict the end and it never happens.

Anyways, I am actually really excited to see this tower go up. It's been moving along insanely slow so far. Hopefully we can see some momentum soon.

Nice that you don't personally know anyone that is getting CERB. I Personally am getting it because the Architecture industry gets hammered jobs wise in any downturn. 14 years experience in my field with over 200 applicants for any Architecture job. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't helping people who really need it.

But on that note, I can't wait to see that above grade permit come through.

Cheers,

I think that the ability to boast that "I live in the 210th-ish tallest building in the world" I mean.. that alone has got to be worth something!
The 211th-300th... people - they will bow in your mere presence!

Last edited:

I know 3 who applied recently via unemployment. They made it through to May working full-time and were let go permanently in June.

My son is 28 and works in the convention business...so yeah you don't know

As @ProjectEnd has just reminded you all, that @AlvinofDiaspar (as a moderator) asked you all to get back on topic… which means you gotta knuckle under. Any further talk on CERB can be taken to one of our politics threads. Anyone who doesn't will be going on holiday from UT for a while.

Where can I find the architectural drawings for this building? I've seen a lot of screenshots, but don't know where the full document is available from.

For any site with an active development application, you can visit this portal and view a variety of drawings and supporting documents: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do

It also allows you to click in a location you are interested in, and it will show you everything within a radius.

Here is a specific link for the 1 Bloor St. W. site.

Click on the line "15 128257 STE 27 SA" which will toggle the focus on Site Plan Approval which is the latest phase of approvals. Then scroll down to Supporting Documentation and look through the materials. I usually sort by date so I get the latest materials at the top. For example there are architectural plans dated APR 9, 2020 which should be the latest.

Happy hunting!

For any site with an active development application, you can visit this portal and view a variety of drawings and supporting documents: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do

It also allows you to click in a location you are interested in, and it will show you everything within a radius.

Here is a specific link for the 1 Bloor St. W. site.

Click on the line "15 128257 STE 27 SA" which will toggle the focus on Site Plan Approval which is the latest phase of approvals. Then scroll down to Supporting Documentation and look through the materials. I usually sort by date so I get the latest materials at the top. For example there are architectural plans dated APR 9, 2020 which should be the latest.

Happy hunting!
Thanks for the info, Kenojuak!

Today’s photos.
DF3BB0CA-287E-481D-9A61-50463CC660D3.jpeg
5FF16F68-1228-4840-AF82-A58BB0F5C324.jpeg
7487705F-209A-4491-820E-8AF1683ACF0A.jpeg
6CCC8C4F-7655-40F7-BBF5-01CFD9DCDABF.jpeg
79C5F8DD-E5C9-44F2-AFE4-B119A46D4816.jpeg
1A9B0814-FD58-4602-BCCE-454511CF171E.jpeg

There's one more pour on the parking ramp before the entire site is at grade. The rate they're going it should be done by the end of next week.

In @GenerationLee 's last picture I see formwork going above ground on the parking lot side as well. Doesn't seem like they're going to stop without another order from the city!

Back