Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

20190527_111305.jpg

Who can explain what we're all looking at? Specifically, the huge but seemingly oddly placed square footings. I'm guessing the whole structure will rest on them?

This is going to be a thinner tower than I expected. Is it just me?

It appears that way partially because what we are seeing from above is resting several metres below grade - thus the perspective/scale is skewed in relation to its surroundings.
Have a look back at the architectural documents for the most accurate depiction of what we can expect.

are they going to remove bridge-like structure at south wall that they had been using during evacuation process ?
I doubt it since there doesn't appear to be another safe access point for vehicles, certainly Bloor would be a no-no. If you visit the sales office on Davenport they have some renderings showing this bridge as the access point for vehicles but who knows.

Who can explain what we're all looking at? Specifically, the huge but seemingly oddly placed square footings. I'm guessing the whole structure will rest on them?

Exactly that. It's going to be an unusually open residential building (few columns).

Using Ed's picture above - the podium outline is in blue - the tower plate in red

aNwyWzZ.jpg

I doubt it since there doesn't appear to be another safe access point for vehicles, certainly Bloor would be a no-no. If you visit the sales office on Davenport they have some renderings showing this bridge as the access point for vehicles but who knows.
Access will ultimately be from the laneway.

Using Ed's picture above - the podium outline is in blue - the tower plate in red

Tower is a square, so the west side should end at the super column cap being formed (just below the diagonal bracing) and the south side a bit further south. I believe there's a laneway on the west end of the site.

are they going to remove bridge-like structure at south wall that they had been using during evacuation process ?

The tower will be north of the retained heritage building, well distanced from that construction bridge. A low rise annex building (6 floors) will go on top of that bridge so removing it isn't necessary to build the main tower.

You can see it here:

5048-100608.jpeg

They're not all uncovered. Two of them are still partially under the dirt and there are 2 more along the property line near the street side. In all, there'll be 8 footings for super columns, 2 on each facet allowing for an open concept floor plan free of columns in the middle of the building.

Photo: @Benito

These form the perimeter of the tower.

Towards the west side of the hole is an elevator shaft being formed for the residential podium.
7qdj6xgtrcy1hfuvfutrpa-jpg.188031

Photo: @thaivic

Towards the back, under the construction bridge will be a low rise annex building.

Last edited:

Back