Toronto The Ninety | 32m | 9s | Harhay | Core Architects

The Suzuki dealership just south of the Ninety is now barren. Houses right beside the dealership have also been sold and have been vacant for the past couple of years. I smell great potential for development :)

They just finnished putting a fresh coat of paint on the dealer and hung up some new "Downtown Hyundai" signs.

They just finnished putting a fresh coat of paint on the dealer and hung up some new "Downtown Hyundai" signs.

Rather odd, if nothing to do with the "90", but the Suzuki dealer has a valid demolition permit:
Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO ON M4M 2E4

Ward 30: Toronto-Danforth

Application#: 09 194537 DEM 00 DM Issued Date: Feb 12, 2010

Project: Car Dealership Demolition

Description: Demolition of existing one storey Suzuki car dealership. See C of A folder no. 09 148737.

DM Building Inspection Pt9
Inspection Kocalevski, Bill Contact Info

They also have several otherr permits in the pipeline including this:
Application: Drain and Site Service Status: Issuance Pending

TORONTO ON M4M 2E4

Ward 30: Toronto-Danforth

Application#: 10 117734 DRN 00 DR Accepted Date: Feb 12, 2010

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Building Permit Related (DR)

Description: Drain - Permit to construct new Automotive dealership. Lexus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was at "The Real Jerk" the other day and walked by the construction site. They're really moving along now. I like this project. And the building that houses the strip club is beautiful. Would love to see it converted into a condo or office building.

Just took a peek at the webcam today... looks like the cement was poured today for the base of the crane. Hopefully it'll be installed this weekend and then we'll get an update letter soon.

Well, if the crane went up a few weeks ago, they are probably starting to pour footings, which can be hard to see from street level depending on where you can get a view from. usually once the crane goes up work starts pretty quickly. Those things cost a lot of $$ and I haven't met a developer yet who likes paying for idle cranes.

I'm experimenting with posting an image. I contacted Coca Cola, and they sent me this photo plus an old article from Globe and Mail that mentions The Ninety when it was a bottling plant. I'm sad to say neither is amazing. I also have a cool photo from the Toronto Archives from 1938. It's a photo of Broadview pointing North from Eastern Ave. Anyone can get that online from the archives. It's great fun if you have some time. If anyone has any photos to share please let me know. If you want me to email any of the images I've managed to gather you can email me at theninetybroadview@gmail.com.

Attachments

• Coca Cola Factory Picnic.jpg
    Coca Cola Factory Picnic.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 377

Back