News   Jul 25, 2024
 443     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 420     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 516     0 

Toronto the most miserable city in Canada: Study

Well I'm more miserable knowing that we have a total idiot as our mayor, and his term has just begun.

Well I'm more miserable knowing that we have a total idiot as our mayor, and his term has just begun.

Oh give the poor guy at least a year or two. I'm sure you'll have plenty of good reasons to be miserable by then. (and completely embarrassed)

Hang on ... your trying to tell us Transit City wasn't campaigned on during that year-long marathon election we just finished?

I'm referring to David Miller's run. This was voter's first chance to vote on Transit City. And most of the candidates rejected at least parts of it and the one person who supported Transit City all the way lost badly.

I'm referring to David Miller's run. This was voter's first chance to vote on Transit City.
David Miller campaigned on Transit City in the 2006 election. He didn't use the name Transit City, however he campaigned on the building LRT instead of the subways that Pittfield was proposing. The majority of the population voted for Miller.

In 2010 when Ford campaigned on building subway instead of LRT the majority of the population voted against Ford.

Not quite right. He was elected mainly to rein in the unions, control costs and make city hall more effective. Transit was an afterthought.

Naw, he was elected on the basis of repeated slogans like "gravy train" and "respect for taxpayers." Of course, with the cancellation of the car permit thingy and an idiotic and unworkable tax freeze, we'll get to look forward to bigger property tax hikes down the road.

The city was trying to diversify its tax sources in order to hold property taxes down. That ain't going to happen anymore.

well it can if Ford just keeps doing what GWB did in his 8 years as President... making decisions which verge on suicidal with the naive (and more correctly "selfish") motive that he'll no longer be in power when the true costs come to fruition. Then whoever gets elected next (Obama in the States) gets left holding the reins and getting the blame for the whole mess. As long as Ford keeps repeating his same simple slogans, people will keep buying it in significant numbers. Meanwhile, the progress of the last decade is undone in a few short moments and we are left to dig out of a deeper hole then we started with.

Back