Toronto The Mercer | 111.55m | 33s | Beaverhall | BBB

Spandrel is not a "reminder from 2006". It's been a constant, and an increasing part of our construction-scape for years now, and there's no reason (yet) to expect that it will go away soon. I'm not saying you shouldn't rail against it, but it's not a rare component of current condo design.

IMG_9501.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9501.jpg
    IMG_9501.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 1,708
Spandrel is not a "reminder from 2006". It's been a constant, and an increasing part of our construction-scape for years now, and there's no reason (yet) to expect that it will go away soon. I'm not saying you shouldn't rail against it, but it's not a rare component of current condo design.

I'm not saying that spandrel is not a constant what im saying is that the way it has been applied in this instance reminds me of buildings that were built in this city around 2006 this building overall has a relatively dated look and im not saying every building has to be a stand out but i feel that if this building had better cladding in general it would look 10x better

I'm not saying that spandrel is not a constant what im saying is that the way it has been applied in this instance reminds me of buildings that were built in this city around 2006 this building overall has a relatively dated look and im not saying every building has to be a stand out but i feel that if this building had better cladding in general it would look 10x better

Agreed. The design looks old as heck! Even the original one before they changed to this one looked super old.

In Liberty Village, a brick pattern was impressed into the precast. Here there are only horizontal lines impressed into the precast, no verticals. If they're going to paint this precast, it's not going to look like brick.

Mind you, 2006 is not ancient times.

Back