Toronto The Mercer | 111.55m | 33s | Beaverhall | BBB

Not a great building but not a bad building either. I really do hope the brick colour is closer to the colour in the rendering or accidentally forgotten and the windows a little more dark and reflective which is not the case with the model. Really ever since University Plaza, Star of Downtown, some of the awful stuff in Liberty Village, and by Pemberton in the burbs was built it is hard for me to have strong negative feelings for a project like this.

A bit off topic...but what i would give to see a wyliepoon sketchup of what is bieng built and proposed/approved in the entertainment district ( Spadina to University, Front to Richmond ) Bet you that would be impressive.:)

Oh definitely. I myself have long since lost track of everything planned or under construction in this area. I doubt that it will be as dense as CityPlace, but it should still be a forest of towers.

Wyliepoon, are you reading this thread? I would LOVE to see a full sketchup of the ED.

The design doesn't incite much beyond general indifference for me, but perhaps I'm just getting used to seeing point towers going up everywhere. I would have though more brick at street level would be more approriate for this area however.

Hideous design. Ugh. I really do not like it.

funny, it looks quite similar to your building! anyways, I happen to like both of them. I do wish that Mercer had more brick on the podium and that the brick arch was repeated on both sides of the building. I think the roof feature and offset massing on the upper levels are the strongest feature of this design.

What the hell is with the song in the radio advertisement for this project....

^^^ I guess he is too young to remember that...

When's the last time a major condo project in this city failed due to low sales? Eventually they all seem to get built.

I dont think that was his concern. he doesnt like the building so he's afraid that it will get built.

The ads for this building reminded me to do something:
Please don't get build. Please don't get build. Please don't get build.

John St. is too important of a corridor for a turd like this to get built. Mediocre design. Towering over 2-3 story heritage buildings, throwing afternoon shadow on an important intersection and public space. I don't like it.

Curse! Curse!

Yet another condo tower proposed nearby..:)

15 MERCER ST

OPA / Rezoning 11 190616 STE 20 OZ Ward 20
- Tor & E.York May 9, 2011 --- --- --- ---

Rezoning applicaiton to permit the redevelopment of the ladns for the purposes of a new mixed use building 49 stories in height complete with 567 rediential dwelling units and 1220 square meters of retail ground floor space. Included in the proposal is the retention of the street facing facades of the heritage buildings on the lands

Back