Toronto The Madison | 121m | 36s | Madison Group | Kirkor

Forgot to post this earlier but on the 13th I saw soil testing equipment in the parking lot next to the sales centre (where the west tower will be) and the whole lot blocked off with caution tape. It was full again with cars this past Sunday when I went by.

Looks like now its going to be 36 and 33 storeys.

85 -117 EGLINTON AVE E & 79 DUNFIELD AVE
File Number: A0743/11TEY Zoning CR T5.0 C3.0 R3.0, R2 Z0.6 By-law 622-2010 (PPR) Ward: St. Paul's (22)
Property Address:
85 -*117 EGLINTON AVE E & Community: Toronto *79 DUNFIELD AVE
Legal Description: PLAN 653 BLK E PT LOTS 1 & 2
PURPOSE OF THE APPLICATION:
To alter the redevelopment plan for a mixed-use building with towers of 26 and 29 storeys, respectively, and an eight-storey podium with retail at grade and five levels of below grade parking, approved under Site Specific By-law 622-2010, by increasing the total number of dwelling units and increasing the height of both the east and west tower.
REQUESTED VARIANCES TO THE ZONING BY-LAW:
1. Section 1, By-law 622-2010
The maximum permitted number of dwelling units is 571.
Committee of Adjustment Decision A0137/11TEY permitted 646 dwelling units.
In this case, there will be 704 dwelling units.
2. Section 1, By-law 622-2010
The maximum permitted combined residential and non-residential gross floor area, including indoor
amenity space, shall not exceed 55,000.0 m², of which the residential gross floor area on the lot shall not
exceed 49,000 m², and the non-residential gross floor area on the lot shall not exceed 5,000 m².
*Committee of Adjustment Decision A0137/11TEY permitted 49 573.24 m² of residential gross
floor area.
In this case, the proposed total gross floor area is 62,926.89 m², of which 53,504.0 *m² will be
residential gross floor area, and 9,422.54 m² will be non-residential gross floor area.
3. Section 1, By-law 622-2010
No portion of the mixed use building above grade is located otherwise than wholly within the area
delineated by the heavy lines on Map 2.
In this case, various portions of the proposed building are outside the area delineated by heavy lines as
shown on Map 2.
4. Section 1, By-law 622-2010
No person shall erect or use a building on the lot having a greater height in metres than the height limits specified on Map 2. In this case, the proposed height of the west tower is 114.6 m (36-storeys) and 120.95 m for the mechanical penthouse and the east tower height will be 105.5 m (33-storeys) and 110.95 m for the mechanical penthouse.

Sushi Star, the last business at 111-117 Eglinton closed on Jan 31.

Demolition crews fenced off the two buildings this morning.

Very generic looking design but nice to have this empty lot filled up. The large amount of retail sounds great though. Also pretty much completes the streetscape on this urban stretch of Eglinton East.

I came across the drawings for this project today ... indeed per posts above Loblaws is shown on 2nd floor occupying the western 2/3 of the building (extra high ceilings hence occupying equalvalent of 2nd and 3rd level of the residential levels)

there will be 2 larger retail units at each end of the ground floor fronting onto Eglinton, just over 7,000 ft2 each, and the Loblaws' escalator/elevator lobby will be smack in the middle of the Eglinton face of the building

5 levels of underground parking, P1 dedicated to commercial parking

Last edited:
I really think some space should have been dedicated to commercial office use ... to try to account for the offices that were demolished.

I really think some space should have been dedicated to commercial office use ... to try to account for the offices that were demolished.

Y&E is going to lose even more office space if the projects at Redpath and Eglinton and at Duplex and Eglinton are approved.

Anyway, here's a photo I took this morning using my phone of the ongoing demolition.

TheMadisonDemo.jpg

I mentioned this above but I'm both surprised and disappointed a couple floors in the podium weren't devoted to office space, that'd probably amount to 100K, which would make up for what was demolished.

Y&E is going to lose even more office space if the projects at Redpath and Eglinton and at Duplex and Eglinton are approved.

Well, if Ri-Can can get their act together and re-cad and build the proposed extra 12 office floors (300.000 sq.ft.) to the Eglinton/Yonge office towers,,,, that would more than make up what is being lost.
http://www.riocanyec.com/

Well, if Ri-Can can get their act together and re-cad and build the proposed extra 12 office floors (300.000 sq.ft.) to the Eglinton/Yonge office towers,,,, that would more than make up what is being lost.
http://www.riocanyec.com/

True, what's up with that proposal ! Any idea when it could start ?

Sooo excited for this, 2015 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The office building is completely gone.

Attachments

• madisn4.jpg
    madisn4.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 378
  • Madison6.jpg
    Madison6.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 371
  • Madison5.jpg
    Madison5.jpg