Toronto The King East | ?m | 15s | Lamb Dev Corp | Core Architects

Anyone know if the facade of the building will have regular precast concrete, or will it be painted what appears to be white (according to the drawings), similar to 75 Portland? Regular precast can tend to look rundown after a few years....

The demolition permit for the two low-rise offices (where sales centre is) has been issued and the City has the shoring permit "under review." They actually may start something by May 1, though clearly not 'construction'.

One got refused:

330 KING ST E
10 145838 DEM 00 Demolition Folder (DM) Apr 6, 2010 Issuance Pending
10 121627 SHO 00 Partial Permit Feb 25, 2010 Refusal Notice
10 121627 FND 00 Partial Permit Feb 25, 2010 Not Started
10 121627 HVA 00 Mechanical(MS) Feb 25, 2010 Not Started
10 121627 BLD 00 New Building Feb 22, 2010 Not Started

Strange, this development seems perfect for the corner. It's nicely scaled, and would add some needed life to the intersection. Hopefully it makes it through soon.

One got refused:

330 KING ST E
10 145838 DEM 00 Demolition Folder (DM) Apr 6, 2010 Issuance Pending
10 121627 SHO 00 Partial Permit Feb 25, 2010 Refusal Notice
10 121627 FND 00 Partial Permit Feb 25, 2010 Not Started
10 121627 HVA 00 Mechanical(MS) Feb 25, 2010 Not Started
10 121627 BLD 00 New Building Feb 22, 2010 Not Started

Yes, the shoring permit - possibly it was not technically OK as I think the 'concept' of a building there is OKed. I doubt we will see "construction" by May 1, though might see demolition.

DSC, I have a question. Provided they start construction soon. What would be your estimate to completion? For example if they start in June.

DSC, I have a question. Provided they start construction soon. What would be your estimate to completion? For example if they start in June.

God knows! I am not sure how deep they must excavate, nor whether it is hard or soft soil. When they reach the ground level and get the first floor built a condo building of this floor area usually builds a floor every 10 days or so and then they have all the interior work and finishing. Of course some builders want to finish fast and move on, others are more laid back, or are still selling. I would say a minimum of 18 months from first starting excavation but that's a wild guess. Others may be better informed

Well they've sold all of the furniture at the sales center and are expected to start demolishing end of May and start digging July 15th.

Apparently, demolition starts Tuesday.

From BJL's Twitter:

"Just stopped by development site - The King East - sales centre officially closed. Demolition starts Tuesday morning. about 22 hours ago via Echofon "

Apparently, demolition starts Tuesday. "Just stopped by development site - The King East - sales centre officially closed. Demolition starts Tuesday morning. about 22 hours ago via Echofon "

They DO have a demolition permit so this sounds reasonable but they have NO other permits yet so I rather doubt that any actual excavation/construction work will start in the very near future. July 15 is possible but I suspect it may be a bit later.

Is it just me, or does it seem that a lot of BJL's projects are plagued with issues? They usually relating permit and approval problems. His project on Broadview, that Flatiron Lofts project, and now this one (there may be more I'm forgetting).

Passed by the sales office...the structure is still up but they've demo'd the interior...

Back