Toronto The HUB | 258.46m | 59s | Oxford Properties | Rogers Stirk Harbour

By the way l love your illustration work on Toronto's Skyscraperpage! You're always up to date with Toronto's building illustrations.

Thanks! Looking forward to the renders, so I can make a new drawing...

Yeah, tell that to New York where they are demolishing a 700 foot building to build a 1200 footer
https://newyorkyimby.com/2018/02/27...ely-demolished-building-in-world-history.html

An estimated 75% of all 200 metre towers are being built in China amidst rapidly rising vacancies. 50% of those 50, 400 metre towers are Chinese. Shenzhen has a dozen 600 metre plus towers planned. Much of the global tall building boom is centred on China. What exactly was your point posting this? That's not an argument at all.

Last edited:
Indeed, and many more than you suggested. I can't be bothered to count those above 300M. I never said it was not a significant undertaking at all- the new CIBC building is as well.

A significant undertaking in the real world directly relates to how our community's sees number of metres and the preset benchmarks . 100 and 150 metres are inconsequential. 300 metres is still a big deal.

You never know what these developers have in mind. They've already passed a supertall in this area . By the way l love your illustration work on Toronto's Skyscraperpage! You're always up to date with Toronto's building illustrations.

I don’t think “height” (shadows etc.) per se is the issue with a commercial building. Risk for the developer increases with every floor - that’s why we don’t see many “super tall” office towers anywhere. Most developers are having trouble leasing buildings much smaller. I understand there are a number of approved towers in the city that are having difficulty finding tenants. The office tower adjacent to the Ice Towers was approved years ago as were at least 2 other towers on or near front street. Imagine if you had to fill 75 or 80 floors. You would need at lease one very large tenant - 2 preferably.

A significant undertaking in the real world directly relates to how our community's sees number of metres and the preset benchmarks . 100 and 150 metres are inconsequential. 300 metres is still a big deal.

I would also include benchmarks in quality of design. I for one would be much more pleased with a stunning 250m tower that breaks some boundaries here. The new Foster tower in Philadelphia is 60 floors and accomplishes both good design and 340m- well sort of :) It's not their best effort, a little reminiscent of Commerzbank.

'The Hub.' Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners. 1.4 million square feet.
Lobby View.jpg
Aerial View.jpg

Attachments

• Lobby View.jpg
    Lobby View.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 1,540
  • Aerial View.jpg
    Aerial View.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 1,554
Nope, the tower I saw remind me a little bit The One, with a mix of glass and metal, a lot of huge windows (kind of solariums for open space) with trees inside.

The last storeys/roof was quite interesting too, all in clear glass, with trees inside.
So I just figured out my client is the Vice president leasing at Oxford so i’m pretty confident on what I saw.

Next update with pictures in a month or so

Description was very apt!

On the upside it's not completely dull! LOL

And not green.

On the I'm on the fence side..........The lobby.....kind of a jewel-box effect in a way, smaller, than the tower overhead, kind of precious, let's the abutting heritage show through.....but but..

Sidewalk animation????

With good materials this has the potential to be stunning. If they cheap out...could be an eyesore.

Back