Toronto The Dupont | 36.55m | 9s | Tridel | Turner Fleischer

@interchange42

The first crane has been installed today:

Screenshot_20230511_153320_Gallery.jpg
20230511_122623.jpg

I like to call it the "trash wall" based on the one up the street at the Bianca. Where the north side (facing the tracks) has turned into an untended graffiti-ed mess.

I like to call it the "trash wall" based on the one up the street at the Bianca. Where the north side (facing the tracks) has turned into an untended graffiti-ed mess.
The crash wall in the photo above has already been tagged along Shaw. You can see it in the photo above. The trashing has begun.

It's a big empty wall facing a pretty secluded and quiet expanse (the railway corridor). What did / do you expect is going to happen here? I think a 'problem' is being created in folks' minds when really there isn't one.

Not everyone is as keen on urban-grit as you PE! LOL

CP should chip in for muralization (wont' happen, but they should). Any project of that type will doubtless be left to the City, and in that context, there are both greater priorities than muralization, and more important spots for muralization.

Probably true, but again, why should CP contribute anything at all? Technically the corridor is their private property and anyone trespassing there is liable for their actions. I would think that gussying it up would only cause more people to believe it's part of a trail system available to them at their leisure (which, technically it is, but at their risk - injury, fine, arrest, etc.).

Back