Toronto The Britt Condos | 142.03m | 41s | Lanterra | Arcadis

Great to see this going forward. I am wondering if this immediate area will create its own separate neighbourhood? I remember a professor saying that this area was a no man's land as far as having definite boundaries or identity but with retail coming in as well as a couple thousand residents I can see this changing.

Great to see this going forward. I am wondering if this immediate area will create its own separate neighbourhood? I remember a professor saying that this area was a no man's land as far as having definite boundaries or identity but with retail coming in as well as a couple thousand residents I can see this changing.

It's an odd area here, that's for sure. Definitely has the feeling of being in between everything else.

The dull built form and sterile government buildings definitely don't help in place-making. I think the future park at 11 Wellesley will be one most important factors in bringing some character into this area.

22 Feb 2014
vn7lZzQ.jpg

I'm guessing once Wellesley In The Park and this development is finished, this area won't seem like such a dead zone. I see a bright future for Yonge/Wellesley and the surrounding area, it's just a bit ignored since most of the current development is north and south at Bloor and College.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO M5S 2A2

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 126031 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Mar 7, 2014

Project: Multiple Unit Building Other(BA)

Description: Proposal to remove all exterior cladding on existing hotel/rental building building. See active interior demo permit 14 120033 BLD and new permit for additon and conversion from hotel to condo/commecial building - 14 126064 BLD.

The dull built form and sterile government buildings definitely don't help in place-making. I think the future park at 11 Wellesley will be one most important factors in bringing some character into this area.

The Wellesley block is quite beautiful, but this wasn't obvious given that some buildings obscured "the grand vision." When Women's College Hospital was pulled down, the landscaping and plazas became visible, and I for one saw the area with fresh eyes.

From College to St. Mary along Bay, there are a string of new condo's and proposals, that when complete, will knit the district together, given that most increase street animation with retail, restaurants, or at the very least, more architectural texture.

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO M5S 2A2

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 126064 FND 00 PP Accepted Date: Mar 14, 2014

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Partial Permit - Foundation

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct a 10 sty addition on top of existing 33 sty building, 8 sty addition at north side for rental apartments, 8 sty addition at south side for condos, and interior alterations to all floors to convert from hotel/rental building (118 units) to condo's including ground floor retail. New Total Residential Units = 769. Existing below parking garage to remain. See active interior demo permit 14 120033 BLD, and permit for exterior cladding removal 14 126031 BLD.

I'm guessing once Wellesley In The Park and this development is finished, this area won't seem like such a dead zone. I see a bright future for Yonge/Wellesley and the surrounding area, it's just a bit ignored since most of the current development is north and south at Bloor and College.

Also U Condos just a bit to the north. A lot of development in this area.

Last chance to get anything from the building as this is the weekend for the auction. March 25
13426852864_5d65ab76b1_b.jpg

13426857124_0885799493_b.jpg

13426855184_9440551c43_b.jpg

Back