Toronto The Britt Condos | 142.03m | 41s | Lanterra | Arcadis

Wouldn't your inukshuk tower be more suitable for Vancouver, urbandreamer?

Maybe, if you're going Native in Toronto, something more in the spirit of Levitt Goodman's longhouse at the Centre For Native Family and Child Well Being at Bay and College?

I decided to take my concept further, it's the first time I've used GS since it first came out so it's rather simple, but it's the direction I'd go with the site if I was in charge.:)

theboxonbaycomingsoon.png

And here's a version that based on the idea of two wings on either side of the building may be more accurate:

955baystreettorontomass.png

(A quick sketch by me.)

Last edited:
For the love of god, please go window -> styles -> simple (or anything but engineering with corner hatches). Also try downloading the Sutton Place model from the 3D warehouse so you can work in some sort of realistic(ish) scale. Wyliepoon made one.
And better yet, download Vray for sketchup..

aaaand to stay on topic:
with some replaced windows that preserve the modernist / international style, while being cleaner, more simple and energy efficient, this building could be gorgeous! The current windows look pretty rough.

I'm excited to see how they deal with the ground level here. Keeping the window style while respectfully adding doors in them for retail would be interesting. Hopefully we get a good sensible firm to tackle this one.

^I may. Right now I'm just getting started. Have never used any 3D software before. So I'm merely interested in playing with shapes at the moment, and not interested in precise details. I'm into ideas at the moment.

Edit: Just looked at that vray wow it looks good. But I need a mac--it would crash my netbook in a hurry. So I've got a reason to get one now.:)

Yes I can predict the exact route aA will be going here. I'm just trying some out-of-the-box ideas.

Last edited:

Back