Toronto The Beach House | 24.5m | 6s | Sud Group | Graziani + Corazza

On the parking..........which file did you get that data from @Art Tsai ?

The project data sheet, updated Nov 8th says this:

1639411527348.png

Edit to add: Currently reading the Transportation Impact Study which has an addendum agreeing with @Art Tsai 's initial report:

1639411637638.png

Aside from my general aversion to excessive amounts of parking; I have decided that I am completely opposed to this based on reading the hydrology reports.

They're adding a P2 substantially within the aquifer which will require very large, sustained de-watering.

Even P1 encroached and involved on-going de-watering.

I realize, this is a thing in many locations in Toronto; and I disagree with it generally.

That said, if it was to provide a normative level of parking, or less than normal, that's much more understandable vs the excessive amounts proposed here.

Last edited:
I was initially surprised by the high number of parking spaces! It should be noted in the architectural plan there was a brief asterisk description:

"Remaining of the provided parking spaces will be provided with conduit rough-ins for future conversion to actual EV charging stations"

I guess they are thinking much ahead of the future!
this is a base requirement in the Toronto Green Standard for parking spaces which exceed the minimum parking rate.

City staff are recommending that Toronto decommission up to five temporary homeless shelters as part of a wider plan to eventually close most of the sites set up in hotels and motels during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The plan is being considered by the city’s economic and community development committee during a meeting today. It would then go to city council as a whole next month.

If approved, it will see the city decommission two sites with a combined 231 beds – the Better Living Centre at 195 Princes' Blvd. and the Days Inn at 1684 Queen Street East - upon the expiry of their leases this spring.

1702 Queen Street East - Notice of Intention to Designate a Property under Part IV, Section 29 of the Ontario Heritage Act

Summary
This report recommends that City Council state its intention to designate the property at 1702 Queen Street East under Part IV, Section 29 of the Ontario Heritage Act.

The property at 1702 Queen Street East is located on the northwest corner of Queen Street East and Kingston Road in the Woodbine Beach precinct of the Woodbine Corridor neighbourhood. It contains the Imperial Bank of Canada Building, a two-storey bank building on a raised basement with a one-storey wing at the southwest corner.

The property was constructed in 1911-12 as a branch of the Imperial Bank of Canada according to the designs of the well-known Toronto architects Sharp & Brown. The property is ornamented with classical details. The property continued as a banking institution for much of the 20th century before becoming Murphy's Law Pub in 2001.

Following research and evaluation under Ontario Regulation 9/06, the provincial criteria prescribed for municipal designation, staff have determined that the property at 1702 Queen Street East merits designation under Part IV, Section 29 of the Ontario Heritage Act for its design and physical, historical and associative, and contextual values.

The property is currently the subject of a Zoning By-law amendment application and a Site Plan Approval application to permit a 6-storey mixed-use development on the site. The Imperial Bank of Canada Building will be integrated into the new development while respecting its basic scale, form, and massing.

In June 2019, the More Homes, More Choice Act, 2019 (Bill 108) received Royal Assent. Schedule 11 of this Act included amendments to the Ontario Heritage Act. The Bill 108 Amendments to the Ontario Heritage Act came into force on July 1, 2021, which included a shift in Part IV designations related to certain Planning Act applications. Section 29(1.2) of the Ontario Heritage Act now restricts City Council's ability to give notice of its intention to designate a property under the Act to within 90 days after the City Clerk gives notice of a complete application.

The application currently under review was deemed complete prior to the amended legislation coming into force.

A Heritage Impact Assessment (HIA) is required for all development applications that affect listed and designated properties and will be considered when determining how a heritage property is to be conserved. Designation also enables City Council to review proposed alterations or demolitions to the property and enforce heritage property standards and maintenance.​

The new rendering is updated in the database! The overall project description has some minor changes. The total unit count increased from 81 units to 90 units. The total building height remains the same at 24.50m. So is the total storey count stay the same at 6 storeys. Finally, the total parking space count decreased from 126 parking spaces to 56 parking spaces.

The rendering is taken from the architectural plan via the Rezoning application:

PLN - Architectural Plans - MAY 2  2022-1.jpg

Back